FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hexopeds?

Author Topic: Hexopeds?
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
I was interested to see this creature since like a mythical dragon it has four legs and wings, I wonder it the mutation breeds true...
Six limbed monster

Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw. That is monstrous cute.

It might signify that the end of the world is nigh, but it's probably just a random mutation - which is something of a pity. The world could do with more duck legs .

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool. I hope it lives.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised poultry farms haven't been trying to get this off the ground artificially.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

It would be more profitable if your chickens had four legs, assuming they were all functional or at least big and delicious...
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Duck is mighty tasty, although too greasy to have as often as chicken.

----

Does anybody else keep thinking of the mad net ramblings in Fire Upon the Deep when they see this thread title?

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a pub, and might still be, in South Royalton, Vermont (home of Vermont Law School) called the Four Legged Duck. The place was named after the four legged duck preserved in a bar of Formaldehyde that was prominently displayed behind the bar, which had hatched at one of the local farms. I wonder how rare this is?
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

Reptiles and birds have all the cool deformities...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.