FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What has the Internet done for you? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What has the Internet done for you?
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
"Oooh! They have the Internet on computers now!"

Well, it's definitely filled several voids: where to find cheap drugs, answerd that haunting question on the name of that Nigerian head of state that died in that plane crash, where I can get my next mortgage at nine points below prime, where I can find a decent Russian bride in case I get bored of my current wife, etc...

With all those questions unanswered I'd lose my mind!

saxon-Mike thanks you...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My car. My job. My apartment. My sweetheart. My grad program. My cure for restlessness.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Helped me get over my addiction to TV.

Unfortunately, I am now addicted to The Internet, which doesn't have any commercials or program changes (the natural reminders that time is passing and it's time to GET OFF AND GO DO SOMETHING).

On the positive side: I've learned a lot about how other people think and feel, and why they might think differently than me (other than being stupid or insane, which I guess was my previous assumption). I'm more able to get along with and find common ground with all kinds of different people now.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Griffin
Member # 7166

- posted      Profile for Griffin   Email Griffin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:

Unfortunately, I am now addicted to The Internet, which doesn't have any commercials or program changes (the natural reminders that time is passing and it's time to GET OFF AND GO DO SOMETHING).

On the positive side: I've learned a lot about how other people think and feel, and why they might think differently than me (other than being stupid or insane, which I guess was my previous assumption). I'm more able to get along with and find common ground with all kinds of different people now.

Well said.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So true.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Griffin:
[Laugh] www.cheaprussianbride.com is available, if anyone buys the domain name PLEASE let me know in this thread. I'll help increase the hit/day ratio.

"cheaprussianbridewithdrugs.com" is available too, for that matter...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

This is why I watch TV and use the Internet at the same time. I don't have to wait for the Internet to stop, so I know I won't miss anything if I leave. But I don't game or do anything else online that requires constant attention.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Griffin
Member # 7166

- posted      Profile for Griffin   Email Griffin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Reader:
quote:

This is why I watch TV and use the Internet at the same time. I don't have to wait for the Internet to stop, so I know I won't miss anything if I leave. But I don't game or do anything else online that requires constant attention.
That's bad man, you should think about walking or something. I'm on the Internet A Lot, but I make time for walking my dog.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.