FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How many are there of you?

Author Topic: How many are there of you?
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 15 people in the US with my exact name.
There are 2,190 people in the U.S. with my last name.
There are 2,074,283 people in the U.S. with the first name Thomas. Which is statistically the 11th most popular first name.

Check it out: http://www.howmanyofme.com/search/

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
There are zero of me. I knew something was wrong! How do you deal with something like this? I'ma see a shrink.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are 298,469 people in the U.S. with the first name Sean.

Statistically the 209th most popular first name. (tied with 2 other first names)

98.99 percent [!?] of people with the first name Sean are male.

No one with my last name. It's got an unusual spelling.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
946 people with my name in the US. My guess is if you factored in my middle name though that'd drop a lot lower.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Only one person in the US with my exact name!

There are 43,495 people in the U.S. with my first name and 3,960 people in the U.S. with my last name.

Over 99.9 percent of the people with my first name are males *phew*

Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.howmanyofme.com/accuracy/

quote:
Accuracy:

Q: How accurate is this program?

A: More accurate than a Magic 8-ball. Less accurate than distributing and collecting 300 million surveys.

Well, gee, that narrows things down.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
There are only 126 people in the US with my exact name, but of the people with my first name, 88.86% of them are male. [Eek!]

Yeah, I know it only has to do with the spelling, my mother used the masculine spelling of my first name. But still... [Frown]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, 0 with my exact name, and 0 with my last name... That doesn't seem right.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

quote:
There are 6 people in the U.S. named Andrew Wiggin.
I wonder if they've read Ender's Game?
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
There's 23 of Me and one of them is the kicker for the Baltimore Ravens.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Camper! Long time no see! [Smile]

There are 106,489 people in the U.S. with the first name...
There are 65,993 people in the U.S. with the last name...

And apparently there are only 23 people with my exact name. Hmmm...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

Some more Wiggins:

There are 5 people in the U.S. named Peter Wiggin.
No Valentines:(
I forgot the parents' first names.

Haha-There are 113 people in the U.S. named Harry Potter.

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really surprised to find that my name was among the top ten most common names. In general, I tend to run into few people who have the same first name as I do.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
0 people with my last name according to this site. Uh-huh It's not really *that* uncommon. I think there are 2 people with my exact name.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
There's 2 people with my exact name. And I found the other through whitepages.com.... intriguing...
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 14,368 people in the U.S. with my last name. And that seems high to me. I've never (ever) met one, or heard of one, to whom I was unrelated. 10 people with my same name.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
0 ppl in the USA with 'Blayne' I feel so special.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are 200,979 people in the U.S. with the first name Alexander.
# Statistically the 311th most popular first name. (tied with 2 other first names)
# 98.51 percent of people with the first name Alexander are male.

quote:
There are 0 people in the U.S. with the last name Khayat.
This name is not found in our database, this means the name is relatively uncommon.

So, none of me exist in your country.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perplexity'sDaughter
Member # 9668

- posted      Profile for Perplexity'sDaughter   Email Perplexity'sDaughter         Edit/Delete Post 
There are about 2,000 other people with my exact name.

There are 692,927 people in the U.S. with the first name Melissa.

There are 836,912 people in the U.S. with my last name.

Wow, I feel special...not.Ü

Posts: 55 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the only one. I was also the only one with my maiden name. It's kinda nice.

I have a friend who has the same name as some guy in Nebraska who keeps getting his license suspended for DUI. My friend is a good driver, but has been pulled over for speeding a couple of times. Each time the cops have detained him for having a suspended license, in spite of the fact that my friend presents a valid license and possesses a different middle initial, different social security number, and different skin color from the guy in Nebraska! Guess the police don't bother keeping that sort of trivia in their database.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
2 people in the US with my name. I'm pretty sure that's me (now in Canada, though), and a younger-than-me golfing star.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
http://despair.com/individuality.html

[Big Grin]

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
166 with my exact name
Samuel - 460,452
Bush - 107,989 (not counting numerous botanical objects with names such as the Russian thistle bush)

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 4,500 people in the U.S. with my first name.

Zero people in the US with my last name (not true, I know that there are four - My surname's rare enough that there are only about three hundred of us and we mostly know about each other).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm the first and only person in the world with my combined names. In the scheme of individual traits, though, names come pretty far down the list.

Interesting to note that there are 1,098 people in the U.S. named James Kirk, 40 people named Malcolm Reynolds, but there is only (a chosen) 1 named Buffy Summers.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
There are 0 Orson Cards and 32 Scott Cards.

And 8 of me!

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
7 of me.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
This site was linked to over on the other side a few months back.

There are still none of me. *shrug*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 265 people in the U.S. named Christopher Morse.

Oh, I need to start making invitations for the convention!

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
There's nobody in the US with my exact name. Not even me. o_O

My first name, however, is the 2,762nd most popular name in the US for a girl. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
First Name 4,991,477 (most popular)

Last name 35,996 (962 most popular)

Exact name 599

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
It claims there are NO other people in the US with my married last name. Which is rather interesting, because how did I get it ? And I know my ex has a second cousin or cousin removed or something with the same full name (even middle!!) as me.

Wtih my maiden name, I have 154 name-twins.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 8 of me.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
0 first, 0 last, and 0 with the combination.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
But the most wonderful thing about Annie is I'm the only one.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that this is flawed. I am pretty sure there are more than 200 or so people with my name.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Of course it is. They say as much.

quote:
First and foremost, the program is based upon a convenient fiction. Without getting too technical, the program makes the assumption that a person's first and last names are independent of one another. What this means is it assumes that the probability of a person having a particular first name is the same no matter what last name they have. It isn't.
quote:
Second, the data is old. The data for this program comes from the U.S. Census Bureau's 1990 census.
quote:
Third, the data appears biased towards more formal versions of names. The data comes from forms mailed to the Census Bureau. It appears most people put their full, formal version of their name on the forms rather than a nickname.
quote:
Fourth, not every name is on the list. A certain number of instances of a name were required to even make the list. About 10% of all responses were not included on the list because they appeared too few times. So, uncommon names are not represented on the list.
And most importantly:
quote:
Fifth, we failed to make the required blood sacrifices to the gods of programming and statistics. Surely they will plague our endeavor with errors and inaccuracies.

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
* There are 8,999 people in the U.S. with the first name Kylie.
* Statistically the 1951st most popular first name. (tied with 187 other first names)
* More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Kylie are female.

* There are 1,140 people in the U.S. with the last name [mylastname].
* Statistically the 24067th most popular last name. (tied with 893 other last names)

* There are 0 people in the U.S. named [my name].
* While both names you entered were found in our database, neither was common enough to make it likely that someone in the U.S. has that name.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Interesting to note that there are 1,098 people in the U.S. named James Kirk, 40 people named Malcolm Reynolds, but there is only (a chosen) 1 named Buffy Summers.
[ROFL]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Wave] @ tt&t
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
373,461 will my given name and 1,271,867 with my last name. They are claiming 1,583 good matches. That seems low. I have recieved misdirected telephone calls for at least that number.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I am unique under my married name.

There are three of us with my maiden name.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
390 have my last name, my name is unique in at least the US, and I know that as a fact to.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
572,940 Peters
1,862,805 Joneses
3,558 Peter Joneses

Or appr. 1/40,000 males in the US.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
# There are 3,961,085 people in the U.S. with the your first name
# Statistically the 4th most popular first name.
# 99.55 percent of people with your first name are male.

--> Not surprising

* There are 2,010 people in the U.S. with your last name.
* Statistically the 15004th most popular last name. (tied with 283 other last names)

--> Also not surprising

There are 27 people in the U.S. with your full name

--> This is just math (percentage of first name occurrence in the population at large times how many people have my last name).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 44,995 people in the U.S. with the first name Jenna.
Statistically the 828th most popular first name. (tied with 10 other first names)
More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Jenna are female.

No one has my last name, not even me.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
hi rivka
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Bokonon:
# There are 3,961,085 people in the U.S. with the your first name
# Statistically the 4th most popular first name.
# 99.55 percent of people with your first name are male.

--> Not surprising

Right. There really are very few women named Bokonon.

Nice to see you around, Kylie. Planning to stick around for a bit?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.