FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Betcha never... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Betcha never...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Met a gorgeous stranger on the midnight train from Prague to Munich and spent the day with him, promising when parting to meet again back in the States.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Betch never been in four natural disasters (Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Earthquake).
Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Earthquake, Typhoon, Wildfire...you name a disaster, and I've been there.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Met a gorgeous stranger on the midnight train from Prague to Munich and spent the day with him, promising when parting to meet again back in the States.

Did you meet him?
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, a FedEx driver stopped to tell my husband and me that he sees us walking a lot, and we're always holding hands and it gives him hope to see a regular guy with a beautiful woman who loves him.

O_o My Beloved took the 'regular guy' bit with aplomb and said, "Just keep looking, man!"

I'm not saying that that has never happened to anybody, but I've been feeling like a real uggo lately and this was both unexpected (I didn't even comb my hair!) AND the strangest thing that has happened to me in months.

Besides the jagermeister incident, which I'd rather not go into at this time. O_O

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did you meet him?
I didn't. He e-mailed me, but I didn't e-mail back because I couldn't decide what to do and then almost a month had passed and it seemed too late.

Also, he was one of three players (including me) in one of the most awkward evenings of my life and we had made the plans before that particular disaster so I was kind of hiding from embarassment.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheHumanTarget:
quote:
Betch never been in four natural disasters (Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Earthquake).
Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Earthquake, Typhoon, Wildfire...you name a disaster, and I've been there.
So you really are The Human Target! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David G
Member # 8872

- posted      Profile for David G   Email David G         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never hit a homerun off of Jim Palmer.
Posts: 195 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Betcha haven't ever blown the cover of a plain-clothes Secret Service agent.

quote:
So you really are The Human Target!
What can I say, chaos tends to follow in my wake.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

quote:
Originally posted by TheHumanTarget:
Betcha haven't ever blown the cover of a plain-clothes Secret Service agent.

That's a story worth telling.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

On a way to a meeting with a former President, my friend and I bumped into someone that we knew, but hadn't seen in a while. We started to talk to him and he said that he really couldn't talk right now because he was working. The proverbial lightbulb went off and my friend says (in a moderately loud voice) "When did you start working for the Secret Service?" Some people around us heard him, and 15 minutes later he was gone.
brojack17
Member # 9189

gone? [Eek!]
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

I'm assuming he was pulled off of the detail for the duration of the evening, because what good is a plain-clothes agent that's been identified to the public. Either way, I didn't see him again.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he's reading your email as we speak.

Betcha never got badly beaten in a video game... by a well-known adult film star.

Betcha never had to explain to a police officer why it's perfectly normal that your shirt is covered in fresh blood.

Betcha were never thrown from a moving car... by your mother.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never won a countywide rap battle competition.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never got hugged on your birthday..by the President.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Betcha never bowed to the emerald buddha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've done that, too!

Ditto, and I've also ridden an elephant in Thailand.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Still no elephants here. I am deprived.
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.