FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MattP is not MattB [now new & improved, with more conflated monikers!] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MattP is not MattB [now new & improved, with more conflated monikers!]
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Didn't Blayne have a couple of other screennames, like Reticulum and Advent something?

Nah, while I'm fairly certain that those two were the same person, Blayne wasn't a part of that.

I don't think that Blayne's ever tried to fool people with an alt, actually; not his style.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you remember what the other suspected username of that person was?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
No I am fairly certain I was TomDavidson before.

You must be confused. You're thinking of katharina/BannaOj.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
<edit> Oh, dagnabbit, I thought I was still logged in as Javert Hugo.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee hee....
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well, I remember being suspicious of cherios do ender (or something like that) and Steve Rogers, but I don't know that I ever saw anyone else express that suspicion.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
See this is why I simply take every single user name as an individual regardless of their alt status. I'm sure everyone on hatrack is really the same person using various usernames to produce the illusion for me that this is a vibrant forum of many different voices.

Frankly I prefer the illusion to reality.

Whoever you are don't stop, I won't speak of reality again!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I have enough to talk about with one user name. If I bothered to make any more, I'd never get anything done.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sure everyone on hatrack is really the same person using various usernames to produce the illusion for me that this is a vibrant forum of many different voices.

Funny, I thought BlackBlade signed up *after* Cedrios had gone... [Razz]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"MattB is Matt Bowman. Here in Virginia, there is a Matt Bowen, who was also 1) Mormon, 2) in the same ward, 3) getting a PhD in something religion-related, and 4) acquainted with all of the same people."

I once met a guy at EMF (Eastern Music Festival) who had my same first name, was born the same year, one day after me, was attending that summer to play percussion (as was I), also practiced martial arts, and was my same height and weight.

I also used to compete in a lot of local martial arts tournaments, and there was a guy my age, my belt rank, and with the same exact first and last name (except for one letter) who often showed up as well. Needless to say, it was annoying.

"Bowman and Bowen met recently, and I was hoping for some sort of matter/antimatter explosion."

Wouldn't that have left you "footloose and fiance-free"? [ROFL]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yes, but BandoComando has since proven his innocence -- at least to my satisfaction. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
I always get Flaming Toad on a Stick confused with some other long username that begins with an F-word (though not the F-word).

The Flying Dracula Hair, perhaps?
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
For a while I got starLisa and Lisa mixed up.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
There has been another SN that we thought was Adventiculum.

Vadon, are you making a funny?

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vadon:
For a while I got starLisa and Lisa mixed up.

Jokes on you, they are the same person.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Tatiana is not to be confused with ak, aka, or ana kata. People get them mixed up all the time.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
quote:
I always get Flaming Toad on a Stick confused with some other long username that begins with an F-word (though not the F-word).

The Flying Dracula Hair, perhaps?
Yes, I believe that is the one.

Also, Dan_frank and Dan_Raven

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
Tatiana is not to be confused with ak, aka, or ana kata. People get them mixed up all the time.

Um, what was your previous screen name?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Those were all her as well, mph.

I was Olivetta, for a time, but am sometimes confused with Ophelia, who is not me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, Dan_frank and Dan_Raven

!!

That explains the inexplicable personality shifts I was noticing.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Those were all her as well, mph.
Ah. Such jokes aren't so fun when you don't know when people are joking.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for leaving you out of the in joke, Porter. I thought you knew.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Schweet! I made the list!

I don't recall anyone ever mixing up myself and Squicky, though. Other than in their heads, perhaps.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
*Head hit desk*

Great, I finally notice it's two different usernames only to find it's the same person.

I'm not trying to make a funny...

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to make a squicky? [Razz]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.