FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What actors can't you stand? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What actors can't you stand?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Jessica Simpson is too...
well...
she doesn' have this intensity about her eyes that = sexy.
Jennifer Connolly on the other hand...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal Caine
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together. Lemme see, uhh.... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything, everything that exists, past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions....Oh! And Hugh Jackman.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Micheal Caine

He was good in Children of Men.

and Hugh Jackman looks good without a shirt.

It's John Travalta that annoys me...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So many people who are so very wrong. *sigh*

That's all right. I like you folks anyway. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Steven Seagal makes me irritated.

Yep.

He has nothing on Bruce Willis, especially in the recently premiered Die Hard, which happens to be amazing.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

- posted      Profile for Snail   Email Snail         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Mery Streep is that bad, honestly.

Though she's best in roles where she's required to play a more caricaturical character and the script doesn't require her to get all weepy and emotional.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Steven Seagal isn't an actor, AFAIC.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you, rollanim?! Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris_Johnston
Member # 10582

- posted      Profile for Chris_Johnston   Email Chris_Johnston         Edit/Delete Post 
DiCrapio
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually like Leo nowadays. He did a great job in What's Eating Gilber Grape as well.

I can't stand Seagal, he can't ever be in movies again. In fact his character should be digitally recast in all movies he has appeared in except for, "Executive Decision."

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand any actor who isn't Kevin Spacey, Gary Oldman, or Edward Norton. And the only two actresses I can stand watching are Laura Linney and Jennifer Connely.

I pretty much can't stand the rest of em.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
So many people who are so very wrong. *sigh*

That's all right. I like you folks anyway. [Wink]

Heehee...ditto.

I'm actually a little surprised by the number of people who don't like Robin Williams. I think he's absolutely hilarious (though I don't understand the movies he's been making lately...). I still find his stand-up and interviews to be roll-on-the-floor funny.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand his "interviews".
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanINPnet
Member # 8363

- posted      Profile for RyanINPnet   Email RyanINPnet         Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE Russell Crowe and can't stand Nicolas Cage. Cage's voice is...intolerable.
Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson and John Travolta. Not because they haven't made good movies (they've made a couple.... maybe) but because of their recent antics I just can't look at them and suspend any disbelief at all.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe my #1 annoying actor has only been mentioned once.

OWEN WILSON!! Eww...

It was ok when I couldn't see his face (Cars), but that's it.

Most of the others on my list have been mentioned as well:
Nicholas Cage (except when he's being funny, I hate it when he's taking himself too seriously)
Will Ferrell (except Stranger than Fiction)
Jim Carrey (except The Majestic and Truman Show...haven't seen Eternal Sunshine)
Colin Farrell (pretty much always)
Ben Stiller (but I liked Night at the Museum)

Ones that fall somewhere in the middle:
Jack Black (I loved School of Rock and his character in The Holiday)
Adam Sandler

What's funny is that I can't think of any actresses that bother me right now...I'm sure there are tons.

I might come back later with some actresses.

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Mel Gibson annoys me.
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! I thought of a few actresses!

Hillary Duff!
Jessica Biel!
Katie Holmes
Uma Thurman (She kinda freaks me out, but I've enjoyed some of her movies)

I'm sure there are more.

Oh, and I have the same feelings toward Cary Grant as I do for Nicholas Cage. He's only good when he's being funny! (I know that practically everyone disagrees with me on this one. [Wink] )

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Gilbert Godfrey (is anyone going to argue with me on this one?)

While generally dispising him I liked Leo DiCaprio in The Departed, although Jack Nicholson's schtick is getting old.

I liked Nicholas Cage in The Rock, and Gone in 60 Seconds, but most of the other stuff he's done has been kinda, meh.

Jack Black is either at one extreme or the other. When he's in a movie with John Cusack his dark comedy is as good as anyone's. But what was he thinking with Nacho Libre????

Drew Barrymore annoys me more often than not, but she's in a few good movies like Eternal Sunshine much like Jim Carrey

Oh.. Parker Posey. I have a friend that loves her, but most of the time I think she's creepy.

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gilbert Godfrey (is anyone going to argue with me on this one?)"

OH, I'll argue. Not. Godfrey, in a word, sucks. How did the guy ever get a job? I hate that voice he puts on.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.