FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Future Harry Potter actors? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Future Harry Potter actors?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Jim Broadbendt as Slughorn would be good I think.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person who think's it was BLOODY STUPID not to sign all the characters that are sure to be in all 7 movies to a 7 movie contract? How could they leave some them up to chance?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person who think's it was BLOODY STUPID not to sign all the characters that are sure to be in all 7 movies to a 7 movie contract? How could they leave some them up to chance?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by romanylass:

That would have been practically impossible for several reasons.

1: They could not be sure the first movie would be a success, had it been a flop there would have been alot of angry thesbians who waved off other movie offers in the meantime.

2: The books themselves were not finished and how could you be sure the books would not have tapered off in popularity? Book 5 was not even done when the first movie came out.

3: Seven movie contracts would be an unprecedented LONG commitment. Even in an extremely popular movie series that was sure to be 7 movies(I've never heard of such a thing), how could you know that the actors or actresses themselves might not have been very good and would need replacing?

4: Usually you offer actors/actresses their salaries upfront when they sign the contract. Richard Harris died after the second movie, should the studios have offered him seven movies worth of salary when he filmed the first movie? How could they possibly have had that much money on the table for all the actors/actresses for the entire 7 movie spread without the revenue the first few movies would have to bring in in order to finance all 7? Increased success of the movies increases how lucrative the studios offers can be to each thespian, especially to the ones that are surprisingly good at their roles and become draws in of themselves.

5: There are MANY characters that could have been replaced within the first few movies without causing an uproar. If they had signed them all for 7 movies they would be stuck.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.