FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The new Chipmunks movie will be a barrel of laughs!

Author Topic: The new Chipmunks movie will be a barrel of laughs!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The teaser for it is playing in front of The Simpsons Movie.

The major joke of said trailer? Alvin eats Theodore's...uh...excrement...*...

[Cry]

This is going to make the Garfield films look as good as Some Like it Hot, isn't it?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*pssst!*

Puffy!

(Just because they make a movie doesn't mean you have to watch it.)

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I didn't know the teaser was going to be in front of Simpsons! I had no warning! None!

*grabs porter by the lapels*

NONE!

(I'm not actually sure if porter wears lapels, but it's a neat image in my head.)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
waahaa! I'm seeing your expression whilst watching the trailer Puffy...You look hilarious! [ROFL]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is going to make the Garfield films look as good as Some Like it Hot, isn't it?
From this quote, and the thread title, it seems that you're complaining about how bad the movie will be, not how painful watching the prequel was.

I don't think you'll accidentally watch the movie like you watched the prequel. [Razz]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I don't think you'll accidentally watch the movie like you watched the prequel. [Razz]

Prequel? In it, does a young Alvin win a tough street race against much more mature and skilled drivers? Do we learn that his body is packed with juicy midi-chlorians? Does he hit on chicks way older than him? Does he save the day by flying a WWII fighter through a gambit of Japanese Zeros, easily weaving in and out of a full Carrier group?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Oops. Trailer.

And I thank you for mocking the prequels. There's not enough of that in this world.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Precision!

Still, you could have run with the joke. Of course, you are on my "wet blanket" list. [Razz]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

*grabs porter by the lapels*

Gently, please -- I think he's got an injured back.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

If your hair ever catches on fire, you know who to call! [Smile]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I can only judge films by what I know...and from the footage seen in the trailer, this will indeed be very bad.

Now, if I had said "I'm going to watch this film just to glory in how much I hate it!"...well, then that'd be just silly. [Wink]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

My point, Puffy, was that I don't see why you care that Hollywood is going to make a crappy movie. Heck, they were polite enough to let you know that it was going to be crappy ahead of time.

Hollywood makes crappy movies every day, and it affects me very little, because I don't bother to watch them.

Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
argh just watched the trailer. whats next Rainbow Brite CGI, He-man the movie? Thundar the Barbarian? Some parts of our childhood should remain there.
Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It still bugs me when they make bad movies because I'd rather them make spectacular movies that are uplifting and good.
Sort of Like L of the R which I can watch extended with commentary and be content.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
My point, Puffy, was that I don't see why you care that Hollywood is going to make a crappy movie. Heck, they were polite enough to let you know that it was going to be crappy ahead of time.

Hollywood makes crappy movies every day, and it affects me very little, because I don't bother to watch them.

porter, my post had me venting in a flippant manner over what was a disgusting joke to include in their ad campaign.

I'm not sure how you translated that into "Puffy cares deeply about this movie and is being personally hurt by it"...but that wasn't what I said. [Smile]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I'm just giving you a hard time because in your rants you're saying things that can easily be interpreted to mean that you care far too much about this upcoming movie. Sorry if I stepped over the line and started being obnoxious instead of funny.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
It still bugs me when they make bad movies

You must lead a difficult life. [Wink]
Uprooted
Member # 8353

I'm glad I didn't see this trailer. I'd probably have been forced to make a similar post! There's just something sad about having to turn a funny, cute, and clever memory into something that crude and blatantly unfunny that somehow needs to be commented on. And yeah, mph, I do get that you were just giving Puffy a hard time and I'm not taking you too seriously. ;-) Just sayin'.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

And sorry, I just can't resist adding:

"Me, I want my HUUUUUUUULA HOOOP!"

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.