FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Large Huge Giant Spider (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Large Huge Giant Spider
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine lived in Eastern Australia for a while. He told me the worst thing was a tarantula that was about 12 inches in diameter. He said he and his roomates found it in their room, and smashed it with a dartboard.

That gave me nightmares. :twitch:

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
That actually seems kind of sad, like killing a great predator or something.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have you know I haven't clicked on one link in this thread.

Spiders and centipedes give me the heebie-jeebies big time.

Snakes, however, don't.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
They would if they were on a plane.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnWind
Member # 9124

- posted      Profile for AutumnWind           Edit/Delete Post 
Or a train.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anywhoo, we're exchanging gifts and as soon as he opens it I see the carcass of a large waterbug in the box...I screamed and jumped up and went to the furthest part of the room away from the offending box. I couldn't stop apologizing b/c to me the robe was now dirty. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Then he comes towards me with the box trying to get to the stairs to get rid of it. I then yell at him not to come closer, run to the opposite side of the room and let him continue downstairs...
[Angst] [ROFL]
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Did we ever figure out what spider was actually in the room? [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, was it a wolf spider? If so, it really doesn't want to be in the house. Catch and release it outdoors. Both of you will be much happier. Be warned, however - wolf spiders run FAST.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
In Arizona, wolf spiders used to get into the house a lot. I never really minded them, except for the time that a large female (with all her hundreds of babies) decided to hang out in my shoe one night. In the morning, I tried to put the shoe on without looking in it, and felt a something large inside. I shook it out, and a huge spider fell out onto the floor and promptly scurried off. Then, when I glanced at the shoe which was still in my hand, baby spiders were boiling up out of it.

I felt really bad for that momma spider.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
EEEE
I saw the spider outside on the screen, the same one.

So somehow in the middle of the renovations, it escaped.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theCrowsWife:
In Arizona, wolf spiders used to get into the house a lot. I never really minded them, except for the time that a large female (with all her hundreds of babies) decided to hang out in my shoe one night. In the morning, I tried to put the shoe on without looking in it, and felt a something large inside. I shook it out, and a huge spider fell out onto the floor and promptly scurried off. Then, when I glanced at the shoe which was still in my hand, baby spiders were boiling up out of it.

I felt really bad for that momma spider.

--Mel

[Eek!]
Were there any baby spiders on your feet?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.