FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mein backyard!

Author Topic: Mein backyard!
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
As I type this, a bulldozer is out there...outside my window. It is getting closer! It tears the earth, and roars its dischord! Today, our back alley is getting expanded and renovated. I didn't know people did that to alleys, but here we are.

So yeah, a good 12 feet is coming out of our backyard. No more bonfires. [Wink]

It's getting even closer! Aiee, head for the hills! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
mein lebensraum?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
12 Feet out of my backyard would include my garage. Fight the system!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Fight back! Fight back! Bring out the Molotov Cocktails and the ice cream shooters!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]

You guys are awesome! I can always count on Hatrack to play along with me!

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
Fight back! Fight back! Bring out the Molotov Cocktails and the ice cream shooters!

WORD [Wink]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

"Get the tanks! Get the bloody-...we don't have any tanks? Alright get the ice-cream truck! Get it out there!

KILL!"

/Izzard

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Force feeding enough chocolate fudge sundae would kill anyone. Too much of a taste-bud explosion.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Offer the workers a grocery cart full of beer then STEAL THAT BULLDOZER.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Trick the overseer to lay down in front of the bulldozer.

Don't forget to take your asprin and bring your towel.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

Turn sideways, that screws up their vision monitors!
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yellow," Arthur thought.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Bulldozer is an interesting word, no? I mean, they don't really "doze", do they? Unless they are on union break, I suppose. And are girly ones "cowdozers"?

But, apparently, the original "bulldozer" was a person who beat up black voters to prevent them from entering the polls. Why in the world did someone think that that was a good name to adopt for the construction vehicle?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:

[Group Hug]
^^ Ammunition for said ice cream shooter.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

Thank you for that interesting information Tante!

Now quickly! Put a pot on your head and maintain a defense perimeter! ;P Use a compass and ruler if you have trouble!

Lamarque
Member # 10825

- posted      Profile for Lamarque   Email Lamarque         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Trick the overseer to lay down in front of the bulldozer.

Don't forget to take your aspirin and bring your towel.

My thoughts exactly!

Remember, you can fly. You just have to fall and miss the ground.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
Pots for Helmets, trash can lid shields, and swords of the finest broomstickiene wood. We shall take to the walls and draw the line to defend the backyard kingdom from those vile mechanisians that wish to take it.

Who is ready to protect the laughter saved in those precious blades of grass! Who is ready to defend from the great corruption in the guise of uncontained progress! Let us slay the great Bull named Dozer, and send that warlord and his kin running to other pastures of dreams.

Load up the ice cream and mount the armored tricycles. Let us not give quarter to the dream slayers!

Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tara:
"Yellow," Arthur thought.

I'd have opted for "The word yellow wandered through his mind in search of something to connect with.", but either leads in a direction I approve of this thread taking!
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

You're all geeks! [Group Hug]

Armored tricycles... [ROFL]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.