FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PAX 2007

Author Topic: PAX 2007
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back last night, and in few words:

It was amazing!

Just getting lost in a crowd of 30,000+ people was fun enough for me, but then you walk out of the giant convention center (everything's giant compared to Spokane), and you're walking the streets of downtown Seattle! We walked to Pike's Place Market, some of the Piers, Gameworks, and all over the place!

I'd never even heard of a place called The Cheesecake Factory, until my friend dragged me in there for dinner. It was amazing, and the wait wasn't too long either! And then, we walked right across the street back to PAX! Fun!

There were tons of cool booths, which I didn't check out until the third day because of the crowd level.

And SWAG. Lot's of glorious swag! A book AND a poster can be mine for only 20 bucks? Wee!

OH, and Wil Wheaton hasn't grown since Next Gen. I had no idea he was so little, and he's 35! I took a picture of my friend standing next to him, and then he had to leave. We had completely missed the signing apparently.

Seattle = crowded and fun!

I don't get out much. [Wink]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... you've never heard of Cheesecake Factory? You poor poor soul. [Frown]

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, are you going to go again next year?

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably, yeah. So long as financially I'm doing ok.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a blast, Earendil. I'm envious.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you had fun, but seriously: cheesecake factory is good for the cheesecake, and that's. about. it.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT?!?! How dare you, eros.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, mediocre food for overinflated prices.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't say I've eaten there frequently, but the salad I had there was tasty, filling, and not particularly over-priced for a decent restaurant at dinner hour.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just surprised Earendil got in without much of a wait. And on a weekend. When I've gone it's been 45 minutes+.

I only got to go to PAX on sunday (my roommate scored two free 3-day passes somehow) and realized I was not nearly hardcore enough to be there. It was still fun watching the Rock Band demo, and trying out Warhammer briefly though. Also, asking random people, "Are you my nvidia mate?"

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
The cheesecake factory I've tried is quite ok for the money. Maybe the franchise is a bit variable?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Glad you had fun, but seriously: cheesecake factory is good for the cheesecake, and that's. about. it.

I've never had the luxury to make that determination. [Big Grin]
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Their Bang-Bang Chicken is tasty.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.