FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, Mormons! Irritated by September Dawn? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey, Mormons! Irritated by September Dawn?
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The "screen presence" she most reminds me of is Clancy Brown.
You mean every time she speaks you think she's about to whip out a piece of Kryptonite and kill Superman...once and for all?
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:

quote:
A distraction indeed, from Winona Ryder's weak, whiny character. Some people referred to it as 'stealing the show', and the Oscar people certainly agreed.
I meant a distraction from the story. Her performance was like one member of a choir singing loudly and slightly off-key; it inhibited the overall effect of presenting the art. As for the Oscar win, I think Academy awards are primarily a measurement of the zeitgeist and not of cinematic quality. Reference Titanic, Forrest Gump, Chicago, ...
I knew what you meant. I was m.a.k.i.n.g. .a. .j.o.k.e. I'll be surprised if you enjoy A Mighty Heart. Clearly your mind is firmly made up about her and anything she does.

And let me guess...you love European films and only watch alternative films and listen to independent music artists. [Wink]

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.