FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » W007!!!!! 1337!!!! Tabula Rasa beta!

Author Topic: W007!!!!! 1337!!!! Tabula Rasa beta!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Only had to wait 8 months but I finally have my Tabula Rasa beta key!!! Now my second game I am a beta tester in! yeaash!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Reported.
(J/K)

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm konfuzzled, how's this reportable I know your joking but how is it reportable?
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
No arguing about being reported!

Re-reported. [Razz]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

geewilikers, I'm still confounded.
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Reported for potty mouth!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Aaaayiiieeee! I nought understandeth.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The joke is that it's a spam post.

It's funny because it's true.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

How? I am displaying my joy at finally recieving a beta key, kinda like how some people show joy at having given birth. I consider them on the same level.
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Got any pictures of your bouncing baby beta key?

And, who's the father?

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm. While I'll agree it's a pretty good game, I'm not sure it's up to par with having a child. Personal opinion of course. And you were using leet-speak, which is generally considered spam. At least that's what I think they meant.

Anyway, welcome to the beta. Enjoy the crowds at the first logos (non-tutorial anyway).

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne doesn't believe that either. He just posted that so people could get worked up about it and give him attention.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
How? I am displaying my joy at finally recieving a beta key, kinda like how some people show joy at having given birth. I consider them on the same level.

Well, because it's categorically not the same as having a baby. It's downright insulting to everyone who is a parent or has parents to say so.

Given the number of things you start threads over, I can only conclude that you are bursting with wonderment over even the most banal events. I'm happy for you -- my life would be much smoother if I could be gleefully happy because I got my toast just the right amount of dark. Sadly, I only get overjoyed when something really good happens, like when I graduated college or when I saw Jessica Biel on Conan.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
... It's downright insulting to everyone who is a parent or has parents to say so.

Out of curiosity, what groups of people were you trying to avoid when making these two conditions?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...I saw Jessica Biel on Conan.

WHAT?!?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:
... It's downright insulting to everyone who is a parent or has parents to say so.

Out of curiosity, what groups of people were you trying to avoid when making these two conditions?
The autochthonous, obviously. Sheesh. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:

What makes you think I was trying to leave anybody out?

ETA: twinky: (worksafe youtube vid)

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I think "The Celibate Cthonics" is a pretty good band name.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Because what's the point of massing everyone together in one large congologmotate?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

"Congologmotate of Celibate Cthonics"?
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
quote:
...I saw Jessica Biel on Conan.

WHAT?!?
Those pictures are totally fake.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, because it's categorically not the same as having a baby. It's downright insulting to everyone who is a parent or has parents to say so.

Richard Stallman probably believes it would be insulting for the beta testers.

Link

quote:
Could people please not use this list to announce information of no particular interest to the people on the list? Hundreds of thousands of babies are born every day. While the whole phenomenon is menacing, one of them by itself is not newsworthy. Nor is it a difficult achievement—even some fish can do it. (Now, if you were a seahorse, it would be more interesting, since it would be the male that gave birth.)

[…]

These birth announcements also spread the myth that having a baby is something to be proud of, which fuels natalist pressure, which leads to pollution, extinction of wildlife, poverty, and ultimately mass starvation.

Oh and lets not forget...

quote:

It doesn’t take special talents to reproduce—even plants can do it. On the other hand, contributing to a program like Emacs takes real skill. That is really something to be proud of.

It helps more people, too

Lol [Smile]
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Emacs! Teh Awesome!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Blayne is Stallman's target audience.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I forgot what a donkey RMS can be.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Whats an RMS? Royal Majestic Ship?
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Whats an RMS? Royal Majestic Ship?

Richard Matthew Stallman
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
RMS - Root Mean Square

Or translatificated into english:

"The system administrator is a boring meanie".

Or so I am led to believe... [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll be the oddball and just say "Congratulations, Blayne."
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

hmm, so far not exactly congrauation ive havent been able to install the game for a week now, the file i donwloaded is corrupted for some odd reason and the help forums are nonexistence, and theres no phone number.
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
You can get the beta from Gamespot, maybe then it will work.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know how this game looks... I've always been a Richard Garriott fan, and am really upset at how they bastardized Ultima IX and made him give up on his own creation.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, grammar and spelling, please. That last post was major backsliding. I liked the more grammatically-correct Blayne. It didn't hurt my brain trying to parse your posts.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.