FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Veronica Mars.

Author Topic: Veronica Mars.
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
So after hearing so much about Veronica Mars on the web I took the plunge and watched the first season.

And I loved it.

But one thing is eating away at me the whole time. That the show got cancelled. So my question is, should I keep watching? Because I know if I start season two Ill get roped into another mystery and wont be able to stop.

I really dont want to invest and come to really care for characters if they are all gonig to be left in mortal peril at the end of season three.

So VM fans, please help me make this decision! (And please keep it spoiler free [Smile] )

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep watching you'll be fine.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first and second seasons and enjoyed them pretty well. I decided against watching the third season because it was getting too angsty for my taste and because I was mad at some of the stuff they pulled at the end of the second season (specifically at the trial of the perpetrator from the first season).
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
The third season is definitely the weakest, but it's still quite good. Just keep in mind that the more annoying changes were forced on the show by the network in a futile effort to garner more ratings. And the last few episodes of season 3 bring the quality back to season 1 levels... not coincidentally, these were the shows filmed after the cancellation announcement.

Definitely watch season 2. It's more ambitious than the first season, and suffered a bit during its initial run because the higher complexity of the mystery made it difficult to follow when you only saw an installation once a week, at best. But the season works fine if you're watching on it DVD. Overall, it's not quite as uniformly stellar as season 1, but it was still the best thing on television at the time by a fairly wide margin.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guinevererobin
Member # 10753

- posted      Profile for guinevererobin           Edit/Delete Post 
god, am I going to miss that show... it was the smartest, funniest thing out there. now I pretty much just watch cooking shows. [Smile]
Posts: 57 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm I'm pretty sure that the cw was still talking though not looking good after the third season finale, so no not while they were filming.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good series. Very well crafted story etc. I'm sure you could find plot holes, but they did such a good job of hiding them I didn't care. [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely stick with it, to not keep going would be like not seeing Firefly at all. I'm going to miss Veronica Mars horribly, it's one of the superest things ever, I've started renting them all and watching them over again recently in an effort to get my girlfriend hooked and it's fun to see all the things in the first handful of episodes that almost turned me off completely.

The only problem I had with the 3rd season is the infrequent appearance of some of my favorite characters, which I think was due to budget issues(?) or some such thing. Otherwise I thought it was solid, though I haven't seen any since it came back from it's slot being replaced way back. Are all the episodes that are going to be made out now?

Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch. Just watch.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Watch it. Season 2 is good, Season 3 wasn't very good IMO.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Good show.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.