FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » They pre-empted Heroes!

Author Topic: They pre-empted Heroes!
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The station that carries NBC here decided to show the New Orleans Saints home game instead of the season premiere of "Heroes."

Who in their right mind does this?!?

I know this city loves the Saints (and I do too) but "Heroes" was the top-rated scripted show last season. No doubt its going to score huge numbers nationwide tonight. And there's like two or three other stations playing the game.

I'm so sad. I've been wanting for weeks to see my favorite geeky time-traveller and his adventures in feudal Japan.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
um, just watch it online in a few hours on NBC.com
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way that one could watch it now online, or must we wait? ^^
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
It'll appear on the BitTorrent trackers within an hour of its first airing on the east coast. Otherwise, you need to wait for NBC.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
In other news, Chuck=Sucks. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
It sucks that it was pre-empted, especially since the premiere was so good. Still as others have pointed out, NBC.com will have it up soon (as will numerous torrent sites no doubt), so you should be able to see it shortly.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It sucks that it was pre-empted, especially since the premiere was so good.
Meh. I thought it was just okay. It had some cool moment, but some pretty lame ones as well.

SPOILERS

Things I liked:

-HRG letting the manager have it. It was a classic moment, and I was worried that the obnoxious manager bit was going to be a recurring theme.

-The fact that they are already introducing new heroes, and that there is some repetition to the powers. This strikes as more realistic, well, as realistic as a show about super heroes can be.

-The fact that they're taking the fight to the company. That's cool.

Things I didn't like:

-The stupid scene with whats-his-face looking in through Claire's window. Cheesy and creepy.

-The fact that Peter has amnesia. Haven't we had enough amnesia plots in shows already?

-Anachronistic scenes of past-Japan. The whole storyline rings false already.

-The fact that Silar's still alive (shown in the preview for next week).

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you started this thread, because otherwise I'd have missed the season premiere. Oh, and we get two different NBCs (and two different ABCs), so if one of them ever decides to go insane and show sports instead of a show, there's always the other one.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

I've been checking the torrent sites obsessively but no sign yet.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

torrentbytes and bitmetv both have it. bitmetv is invite-only, but torrentbytes just requires a sign-up. None of the anonymous trackers seem to have it yet.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

I think I found it on isohunt but I just started downloading so I'm not sure if its the real thing or not.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
half the time the ones that come up on sites like isohunt too shortly after the shows airs are bogus.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

There's now a bunch a mininova.org but not many seeders and the files are 700mb which seems too big for an hour-long show, high-definition or not.
MattP
Member # 10495

It's extra-long because it ran with only one or two Nissan commercials. 700MB is the correct size.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i cant watch the vids in canada it seems.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
* Spoilers *

Who was that flying outside the window? At first I thought it was Peter -- but then he was locked in that box. At least, I think that one was him ...

I'm excited to find out what happened to Sylar. Is he alive? Is he living in some sort of Limbo (in which is a Hawaiian paradise or something) before he dies? I'm sure it will be good.

Yeah, I thought it was funny. The conversation at the dinner table might well have been:

Mom: Anything happen Clair?
Clair: Uhmmmm......No?
Mom: How about you honey?
Dad: Uhmmmmmm.....No?

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slim:
* Spoilers *

Who was that flying outside the window? At first I thought it was Peter -- but then he was locked in that box. At least, I think that one was him ...

That was the guy from school that Claire talked to (the one who told her she was a robot). Sort of a creepy stalker thing going there.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
This week's online comic is about the flying kid. Link.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.