FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A lurker no more!

Author Topic: A lurker no more!
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

- posted      Profile for Endless Orion   Email Endless Orion         Edit/Delete Post 
After a pleasant three years of reading but never putting any of my own thoughts in... I've joined up.

So... Hi.

[Wave]

About me...

I'm 16. Writing is my fiery passion. I'm finding I like computer programming (but I'm somewhat limited to very very very basic java). Most of my time is dedicated to reading and gaming. Favorite books are The Ender/Shadow Quartets, Alvin Maker series, anything with Drizzt in it, some of Dean Koontz stuff, and a few of Stephen King's books. I have more of a preference for Sci-fi and fantasy, but occasionally I branch off into other genres.

So once again: Hi!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! I think you will find a lot of people with similar interests who are happy to talk with you and fun to goof around with here, and hope you enjoy it. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! What made you decide to stop lurking and sign up?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr. Orion! [Wave]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

- posted      Profile for Endless Orion   Email Endless Orion         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

I'm not completely sure. I'm thinking it was a combination of feeling very social and happening to mouse over the register button. It called out to me...

Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
We're glad you deemed the community worthy of the effort. [Wink] Welcome to hatrack.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Onion.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

But of course, why would I not choose Hatrack, what with its army of incredibly intelligent denizens and what not. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, nice brown-nosing.

You know that it's traditional to serve us all virtual cake and such when you join, right? [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

Ohh... virtual cake...

I'm not so good with the baking stuff.

Would you like a virtual omelet? That I can do!

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
*hands out virtual pie*

Take that cake lovers.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
I like pie!! [Smile]

Oh, and welcome, Orion!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Welcome to Hatrack, Onion.

[Smile]
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of lurkers coming out of the shadows lately.

Welcome to the 'rack Orion.

I prefer banana cream pie, and I'll accept delivery at any time. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaIeswapper
Member # 7911

- posted      Profile for TaIeswapper   Email TaIeswapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lots of lurkers coming out of the shadows lately.
Even lurkers need sunlight every once in a while.

If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything. [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome to the light. ive been a member for almost 8 years and i dont really have that many posts to show for it. so nothing wrong with just checking up one what ppl have to say. Ender and drizzt, lol. two great characters. looking forward to seeing you add your two cents in more threads.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Orion and Taleswapper!

What type of stuff do you write, Orion?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Men in Black fan fiction?

(probably too obscure to be funny)

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

My computer is littered with loads of eveything. I guess most of the stuff I write is more of modern fantasy stuff. I had a lot of poetry like stuff, but I haven't actually written any for about two years.

And then, Pie it is! I'll be back with that shortly [Big Grin]

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Orion, and welcome! (I also thought your name said "Endless Onion" when I first saw it.)

Mmm, pie.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaIeswapper
Member # 7911

- posted      Profile for TaIeswapper   Email TaIeswapper         Edit/Delete Post 
This screen name may be a "lurker", but I'm most certainly not. [Smile]

[ September 27, 2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: TaIeswapper ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Orion is my favorite constellation!

Do you know the TMBG song about you? "Just a guy made of dots and lines" <notes>

Welcome! Glad you decided to post. Oh, and I'll have one of those virtual omelets, please! mmMmmmMMMMmMMmMMm omelets! [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL @ the MIB joke. "The galaxy is in Orion's belt"
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endless Orion
Member # 11017

Well, after hearing of this song, I headed over to google (even though my google skills leave much to be desired) and found said song.

That's the first time I've listened to TMBG. I do believe I like them.

And...

*hands out virtual omelets*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.