FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Malice Aforethought

Author Topic: Malice Aforethought
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
After demanding 22months of service in Iraq within 729days (1day short of 2years) of active duty,
the Pentagon is trying to screw combat troops outta their G.I.Bill education benefits.
Which oughtta tell ya somethin' about how much the GeneralStaff and Patreaus care about real soldiers.

[ October 07, 2007, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Give me a freakin' break, aspectre.

How long as Patreaus been in charge, exactly? Who was it who cut their orders in a pretty stupidly (and outrageously) offensive way to cut off their bennies?

He was commanding in Kansas up until February of this year. When their orders were cut, he was riding a desk in the Midwest.

If he does or says nothing in opposition to this move, that's one thing. But for now, at least, you're just the same old cheap hack, aspectre.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, commanders don't know nothin' and ain't responsible for nothin'.
Patreaus was their commanding officer until a few days ago. And he should be raising hell about the matter, right now.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, commanders don't know nothin' and ain't responsible for nothin'.
Do you need me for this conversation? You're doing just fine on your own.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.