FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Halo 3 on Live - Let's massacre people together for fun & glory! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Halo 3 on Live - Let's massacre people together for fun & glory!
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure only the official wireless adapter will work, but another option is to use a wireless access point which can act as a bridge with the wired network port.

Here's an example:
http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/10/make_a_cheap_xbox_360_wireless.html

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to join that bungie group. There's no "join this group" link or anything.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
I was wondering. Is the wireless adapter advertised for the 360 the only one that will work, or can I buy one that's less than $100?

As far as I can tell its the ONLY one that works with Xbox 360. So find a way to get a cord to your Xbox or else shell out another $100 on an item that by all rights should cost $40-$60 at the most.

eros: Make sure you are logged in. I saw a button right there on the linked page after logging in. It's pretty big too. It's about mid left of the page, right below the, "motto"

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're signed into Bungie.net, the button to join the group is in the box that's titled "Welcome to Jatraqueros".

It's a link at the bottom of the box, which is -- of course -- blue on slightly darker blue.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Got it - thanks!

Finally got the first post updated - our list of gamers is getting LONG.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Oh, and Dreamer715's name is Dave, and his skill level is ~ 2 or 3. Just starting out.

[ November 01, 2007, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think for the people who don't mind, either here or on the Bungie group, first names might be good. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie Mcracken is the name. Also, I used a generic linksys bridge and it worked just fine.
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
Yeah, I think for the people who don't mind, either here or on the Bungie group, first names might be good. [Smile]

Why, would you feel weird joining a game by "demonstrocities" and saying "uhm, is this, uhm...eros...uh, ersomaniac?"
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha... when we're playing online my friends and I interchangably use our gamertags or real names when communicating. I was starsnuffer for a long time and people still say " hey star..."

Hamson (Salmoncannons on xbox) and myself (Tak Galaman) are probably going to be online for way too long on saturday night. I hope we can find some of you guys to play with.

Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why, would you feel weird joining a game by "demonstrocities" and saying "uhm, is this, uhm...eros...uh, ersomaniac?"
Why, yes, I would. I've already had to introduce Lime as Lime instead of his first name because I had a brain fart on his actual name. "Um, and this is my friend, um... Lime."

Or my friend Eric, whose tag is "mini swq" I just gave up and used his first name.

Nathan and I will probably be on a bit tonight with our friend Ethan (XIIIthArchAngel). And we'll probably be on some tomorrow night too (depending on how late we get back from the fencing tournament in Maine).

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably be on Saturday night. If we're going to go by real names you can call me Mark or Marcus, whichever you feel more comfortable saying.

Oh, and I'm writing this on a wireless usb keyboard on a nintendo wii. I don't remember where but someone asked in some other thread if anyone had tried using a usb keyboard on a nintendo wii yet and they never got answered. I thought this might be the most likely place to say this and have them notice.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

I will do my best to be on tonight. However, I am going to be on this afternoon with a friend of mine, trying to hand out some training in a custom game. Others are welcome to join. I expect to be running around, doing little shooting and dying a lot.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Ill tell yall my middle name for security reasons
Its: Danger

-ronaldinho10ajc

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Thanks for letting me play with you guys, it's been pretty fun so far ( I've played with mack and T_Smith and I think Vasslia Cora so far). Is there going to be another get together tomorrow? I was also wondering if there'd be anyone who'd like to try to get through the campaign on legendary. I got through normal on my own, with a little difficulty, I think I'd like to do co-op for anything higher though. I'd really like help finding skulls, I've only found the one with the seven glowing rings combination thing.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be fun to schedule a coop night for legendary. If we could get four people we should be able to blow throw it pretty quickly.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be on tonight at 10PM EST...maybe a little before to work on a legendary campaign with a couple of people. I'll likely play for several hours.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If we only field 4 people tomorrow, I'd be happy to blow through campaign.

My kitten chewed up my headset so now I can't talk to you folks. That's probably an incentive for folks to play with me, I do tend to get too chatty.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww i'm picturing a little kitten guiltily looking at you with a chewed up headset cord in its mouth right now.

Something like this

Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

You typed in the link incorrectly, I fixed it.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k53/sugarcube717/just_one_sammich.jpg

The only reason I am sure it was the kitten is that not only was the cord severed completely, it was segmented into three pieces.

Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't able to log on to Live last night. I did the Test Connection thing and everything was okay except for the fact that I couldn't connect. It told me to check that my details are up to date but I don't know what details I should be checking. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

If I get it fixed tonight Ill be online. But 9.00 EST is 2am here so I don't think ill be able to join in anyway! But if you're still playing together come the Christmas holidays Ill be sure to make an appearance!

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
I wasn't able to log on to Live last night. I did the Test Connection thing and everything was okay except for the fact that I couldn't connect. It told me to check that my details are up to date but I don't know what details I should be checking. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

If I get it fixed tonight Ill be online. But 9.00 EST is 2am here so I don't think ill be able to join in anyway! But if you're still playing together come the Christmas holidays Ill be sure to make an appearance!

We can modify the time, you know? 9:00 EST thus far has been the only undisputed time slot of the week.

Could you folks sound off if you are coming tonight? I'll be on tonight.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be watching The Tudors at 9 PM EST tonight, so I definitely won't be there.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

I'm probably not going to be on tonight. I'm fighting off a zombie cold and I've been letting my reading pile up a bit. I will be on later in the week, however.
MEC
Member # 2968

I'll be on, probably before 9 PM and after (during too).
mackillian
Member # 586

We'll probably be on.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

How do i make my gamertag show up on my Bungee.net Account i just made?
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

I linked my gamertag to my windows ID, and then logged into bungie.net using that ID

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox/livefeatures/linkgamertag.htm

btw, I plan on being on at about 9:30 or 10:00 EST

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

cant play till weekend [Frown] , cant get xbox live to work at my moms house, thanks for the tip [Smile]
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

My brother created an ID and forgot what email he used and the password, cant redo it [Frown]
Lupus
Member # 6516

then you will likely have to contact tech support to see if you can link your gamertag to a new microsoft ID, or reset the password. I would imagine they would do it as long as you still had the credit card that paid for xbox love
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm KiIgore, with the capital i instead of lowercase l. I'm on quite a bit and would love to slaughter some mo-fos with y'all. If anyone is adverse to cursing, you might want to let me know before hand. I'm ranked at 15 right now, so I guess I'm about a 4 or 5 in this thread's ranking.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I finally got to play a game with Hatrackers! Blackblade sounds nothing like I'd imagined, although I can no longer pinpoint what I thought he sounded like previously. I'm easily the worst player of the crowd we were with, so I guess my rating system was pretty accurate!

I had a lot of fun, and I'm sorry I had to run early - Squish was tired and that was my cue to get back to work.

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it! I missed another one...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Thanks for coming out folks! Erosomniac also does not sound very Asian. [Wink]

All in all I had lots of fun. During one match the score was 46/49 and we were losing, I somehow got a hold of the grav hammer and as I encountered the other team T_Smith was drawing all their fire. 8 seconds, and a few swings later I got an overkill and we won the game. [Big Grin]

We had about 7 peeps during the evening. I'm planning again for 9:00 EST next Tuesday.

Would anybody be up for creating a killer custom map for us to try out next week? You'd have a week to create it. More importantly are any of you interested in trying out hatracker custom maps? We played that one zombie map two weeks ago where you had to jump into warthogs and try and keep ahead of the speedy gonzales zombies, that was way fun IMO.

mackillian
Member # 586

vonk—added

ersomniac, squish needs to get a mic so I can actually hear another GIRL voice when I play!

Nathan will vouch that when I found out there was another chick, my comment was, "YEAY!"(I get tired of being the only girl sometimes.)

BB, maybe we need a theme challenge or somthing for said custom map.

MEC
Member # 2968

I was going to make a SWAT map, would that fit your thoughts?
mackillian
Member # 586

a SWAT map? do tell, I'm curious.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Feel free to elaborate on said SWAT map.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Thanks for coming out folks! Erosomniac also does not sound very Asian. [Wink]

Well, being 4 1/2th generation, I damn well better sound more American than anything else!
quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
ersomniac, squish needs to get a mic so I can actually hear another GIRL voice when I play!

I'm looking into it - in the meantime, we'll trade off. She's definitely sexier sounding than I am.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Well, being 4 1/2th generation, I damn well better sound more American than anything else!
Criminey, your family came here in the late 1800s if not early 1900's? That's very interesting! Care to elaborate?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
quote:
Criminey, your family came here in the late 1800s if not early 1900's? That's very interesting! Care to elaborate?
I actually don't know much of the family's history that far back. Technically speaking, since I'm from Hawaii, we weren't really "American" until the 1900's, but we were as close as you could get; one of my grandfathers was born in about 1904-1905 (I can't remember exactly), and he spoke no Japanese beyond what was incorporated into Hawaii's local dialect. I have no idea how his parents got to Hawaii, or how my great-great-grandparents on the other side got there.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
quote:
quote:
I actually don't know much of the family's history that far back. Technically speaking, since I'm from Hawaii, we weren't really "American" until the 1900's, but we were as close as you could get; one of my grandfathers was born in about 1904-1905 (I can't remember exactly), and he spoke no Japanese beyond what was incorporated into Hawaii's local dialect. I have no idea how his parents got to Hawaii, or how my great-great-grandparents on the other side got there.
But on both sides of your family you are of Japanese decent?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Yep!
MEC
Member # 2968

SWAT is a custom game that started in Halo 2 and Bungie eventually made it ranked on Live out of popularity. Everyone plays with Battle Rifle as Primary weapon, Magnum secondary. No shields, no radar, no weapon spawns, no power-ups, no grenades(sometimes), and no vehicles(also sometimes) allowed. It also can be merged with other gametypes like CTF or assault.

How many can be on live from one xbox? and if you can have more than one person, can there be more than one headset? And does each person need to pay for a live account?

quote:
quote:
Is something of this sort not very common?

[ November 07, 2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

mackillian
Member # 586

quote:
How many can be on live from one xbox? and if you can have more than one person, can there be more than one headset? And does each person need to pay for a live account?
Four.

Yes, the headsets connect to the controllers.

Um, no. They can play as a guest on your account, but they can't do ranked matches, just social. If they have a live account, they can play from that, but they'd have to bring their info on a memory card.

[Smile]

Lupus
Member # 6516

I have the infection game saved on my xbox from halloween, and that is a lot of fun. There are humans and zonbies, but when a human is killed by a zombie, they become a zombie when they respawn.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Is something of this sort not very common?
I personally am quite interested in most things Asian. Immigration is also pretty fascinating for me, the earlier the people moved here the more interesting IMO. I've always wanted to understand why there a big immigration of Chinese folks to California, as well why there was a sizable group of Japanese migrants who ended up in Hawaii.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Asia sucks?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Maybe Asia sucks?

Heh maybe, but the Indonesians, Malaysians, Vietnamese, Laoisians, Thais, Mongolians, Indians, didn't make similar migrations.

edit: Forgot to give a shout out to the Burmese in that list.

[ November 08, 2007, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.