FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Consumer Alerts (Candy Corn Kisses) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Consumer Alerts (Candy Corn Kisses)
lobo
Member # 1761

- posted      Profile for lobo           Edit/Delete Post 
If people are stupid enough to get gas at walmart when it is more expensive, that is their own fault. It doesn't make walmart evil...

As for Kroger, I don't have experience with all their dairy products... I think their yogurt compared to dannon and yoplait is very good and much less expensive. Their milk is very good but I haven't tried fancy $7/gallon varieties. I am really just comparing their products to other grocery store brands (HEB, Randalls, and Walmart) and readily available national brands.

I also think their meat is better. Especially the ground beef they grind up and put out in the evening - all the leftovers from the days work. Very flavorful and cheap!

Posts: 571 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
In my area, between Safeway, Giant, Whole Foods, Shoppers, CVS, and Harris Teeter, the cheapest milk is sold at. . .Whole Foods. It's also reasonably tasty.

I don't think we have Krogers.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
/way more than you probably wanted to know [/QB]

Not at all! Thanks.

Lobo, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to give Kroger's dairy products a try at some point.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was that the price with or without a Sam's Club card?
Without. The Sam's Club card price is only three cents less out here.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that qualifies WalMart as evil though. I mean, lots of people buy gas at the BP around the corner, when they could save a significant amount of money buy driving a quarter mile up the street to the Raceway. It may also depend on what they had been charging before and when their next delivery is. Gas stations pay for their gas upfront (of course) and if they don't have the money at the time of delivery they get no gas. If they were short what it was going to cost them to pay for their next delivery, they would have had to up the price like any other station.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
There's more than a few other things that qualify WalMart as evil in my book, but that may be a subject for another thread.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't wait till the night before Halloween to buy candy corn (the traditional kind). Publix had some store brand ones, but they are pretty lame and dry/broken looking. Hoping there are enough intact ones to decorate my cupcakes.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.