FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The apocolypes of Hatrack

Author Topic: The apocolypes of Hatrack
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Did it ever occur to anyone that if Ender's Game becomes a movie, any kind of major release movie either good or bad, this forum will be swamped with noobs?

I mean, just think of it. Whoa.

And don;t kid yourselves thinking they won't stray from Discussions of Orson Scott Card. Oh no. No sir, they'll come here. Those Durn Foreigners er gonna take our forum!

They toook yer forum! (south park reference).

I think Pj should create a third forum topic: Ender's Game- book and movie.

We need a concentration camp.. er... seperate but equal forum to deal with these border jumpers who don't contribute to River society.

- Concerned Hatraqueros not in favor of darn noobies. Call your congressman to complain now!

(these noobies of course, are only the most conspicuous of foreigners. I don't include "the good ones," as long as they are "well spoken")

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Oh btw I'm kidding. Noobies welcome.

The good ones anways...

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this supposed to be a dobbie or something?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
We should just forward all of them here.

edit to add: never mind, I just found out it doesn't have forums anymore.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

No. no link no dobie as far as I'm concerned.

MEC- at first I though that read "Fresno" and I thought: YES! that is EXACTLY where we should send them.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I agree on that, I just tend to think that most threads with no purpose at all must be some sort of a joke.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vyrus
Member # 10525

- posted      Profile for Vyrus   Email Vyrus         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, of course they are. However most forums ran by noobs [particularly young, angsty teenager ones] will turn every and all good forums into cheap rape jokes.

Side note: It would be nearly impossible for me to imagine Ender's Game in any form other than that in my head, so I think I would have to refrain from ever seeing a movie, unless the director/producer/write was OSC himself. And even that is doubtful.

Edit: THEY TOOK YER FERUM!11

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forge
Member # 11101

- posted      Profile for forge           Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, I imagined a Hatrack apocalypse to look a little more like this.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't kid yourselves. We are all mean enough to scare all the newbies away. It's a wonder that we get as much fresh blood as we do.
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll start saying, "Welcome to Hatrack. You're wrong."
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
When Ender's Game finally becomes a movie, we'll all be so distract by the flying pigs that we won't notice the noobies.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, flying monkeys being pooped out.

Frozen Hell.

etc.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Good one, Dr. Rabbit! [ROFL]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Frozen Hell
I've been there, it's extremely overhyped.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Isn't Frozen Hell a Ben and Jerry's flavor?

Or is it a "Chillee Willee" flavor?

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate-Caramel Cocytus?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
For a strange alternative universe version of what the OP is fearing, check out some of the archives at cylon.org or Colonial Fleets when Battlestar Galactica was in its first and second seasons.

The die-hard old school BSG fans really had the internet equivalent of a civil war when new school BSG fans started streaming in. It was certainly one of the weirder things to lurk/watch.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

"Chocolate-Caramel Cocytus?"

I just googled cocytus.

The username starts to make sense. [ROFL]

Orincoro
Member # 8854

I was half joking in the op, but this is going to seriously effect Hatrack when and if pigs do fly.

I love the idea of "Welcome to Hatrack. You're Wrong."

If I had a forum signature I would use that one.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
We've already got the four horsemen:

Sarcasm
Cynicism
Fluff
Tom Davidson

Shoo-- the apocalypse has been ongoing for YEARS, n00b!

Now, get off my lawn.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Scott, isn't that your picture by Cynicism in the encyclopedia?
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm not Cynicism.

I think Pat was one of the Horsemen, and Mack was another; I don't know who the third was, and obviously, Tom Davidson is who he is.

They've kind of slacked off, IMO. Maybe we need new ones?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Even slacked off I don't think they are replaceable.
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Jatrageddon is coming!

I wonder if in the final days Thor will come back and save us....

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The new Covenant book just came out, and Kevin's Watch is being inundated with newbies. A movie of Ender's Game would be even worse. It'd be like when AOL appears in Usenet. <shudder>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Scott, at what time does I qualify as a non-nOOb?

I understand the asking of that question, even retorically, to be an answer in and of itself (not yet!).

Still, my registration date will soon be 3 calendar years past.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
No, I'm not Cynicism.

I think Pat was one of the Horsemen, and Mack was another; I don't know who the third was, and obviously, Tom Davidson is who he is.

They've kind of slacked off, IMO. Maybe we need new ones?

I'm Sarcasm, Ethics Gradient was Cynicism, Icarus was Fluff, and then there was the eponymous TomDavidson.

We haven't slacked off. Quite the contrary, the Hatrack apocalypse has been going on for years, just as you noted. We just prefer to do our work discreetly.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
"Dey Tuk R Jarbs!!!"
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.