FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Red Sox Win the World Series! Again!

Author Topic: Red Sox Win the World Series! Again!
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd mention it, since you know, it's the second time in 4 years! After nothing for over 80!

The Washington Post's Article on it.

I would like to note that the New York times didn't put their story about it on their front page, or even the front of their sports page, but relegated it to the insides of their sports page. Awww... are the poor Yankees fans a wittle bitter? [Razz]

Sorry, just enjoying a little gloat [Big Grin] Kindly excuse me while I go party! [Party] [Party]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
WE SWEPT!!! GO BOSTON! WE'RE AWESOME!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
I just moved to Boston so I don't really have any Red Sox loyalty to speak of (yet), but I've been rooting for one player just because of his awesome name, and he totally came through in the World Series. Yes, that would be the one and only, Irish jig-dancing, steely-eyed maniac, Jonathan Papelbon, the candy pope of pitching.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Colorado...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Tek is my hero.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hoorah for the Red Sox! I regret not going to Fenway Park when I was on holiday in Boston a few years ago. I was impressed by family atmosphere of the fans leaving the park.

One day I'll see a major league baseball game. One day...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Parade and fun today in celebration starting in Fenway at noon! Woo!
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The who won the what?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really care much for Colorado (even though we have an AA team for the Rockies here in Tulsa), but I did hope they would have made it a better series. Some would say the eight day layoff was what made the difference. I think the National League just didn't have the stuff this year.

Congrats bean towners.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Stoopid rolling rally made me 25 minutes late for my first class this morning. I should've known traffic would be murder.

Boo Sox.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch baseball much, but I'm glad the Red Sox have gotten glory these past few years; they're my second favorite team next to my homeland Cubs of course.

And if the Cubs ever win again....well....I might start having faith in people again [Razz]

Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
GO SOX! WE WON!

I'm a diehard Red Sox fan, but sadly I'm in Australia so I couldn't go to the rolling rally. But I made my friend make a sign for me, haha. Still, it's so exciting! I watched the games over here and screamed for literally 20 minutes after they won. It was incredible. And Pap got the last out with a strikeout. It doesn't get any better than that.

Also, I wasn't aware that there were so many Sox fans on this forum. We should start a support group (although we don't really need any support now that we've won two World Series in 4 years).

GO SOX!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I'd bought some of that furniture that ended up being free at that store in Boston. The store ended up giving away an estimated $15 million in furniture. Good thing they had insurance.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
I had been surprised at the lack of a thread on the World Series, but decided not to start one due to the apparent lack of interest.

With that said...

WOOHOO!

Edited for spelling, also, agreed with next post.

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I wanted the Red Sox to win, I was disappointed in the series. It's so boring when one team just slaughters the other.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the ratings were better than last year. It's not exactly a hard bar to clear, but baseball's been struggling so much with viewership.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was there and I got to see Matsuzaka and part of Papelbaum, ect.
It was nice.
Also I was trying to go to a diversity fair but I had to wait for the parade to be over.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
I would like to note that the New York times didn't put their story about it on their front page, or even the front of their sports page, but relegated it to the insides of their sports page. Awww... are the poor Yankees fans a wittle bitter? [Razz]

The NY Times owns 17% of the Red Sox, dumb butt. (They also own The Boston Globe, too.) So gloat about that Boston pride all you want... even when the Yankees lose, New York STILL owns your ass. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Boston RULES!!! As one of my brother's put it - TitleTown comes through again... I was beside myself; jumping 30 feet into the air, throwing my BoSox cap to the ground, grabbing the World Champs blanket from the last Series and running around the living room, skipping wildly like a mad-woman! YEAH BOSTON!!!!

*sighs with content recalling the felicitous moment of STRIKE THREE; contemplates irish dancing...*

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.