FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Enchanted ::swoon:: (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enchanted ::swoon::
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ariel.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ariel.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You know it's almost funny how polar opposites we are on this one eros. When I looked at the IMDB page, I found it utterly impossible to believe that she is 33. I thought for SURE she was in her early to mid 20's. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Ariel.

Ariel's hair is literally red, not "red," and she can tan, so I'm not sure she counts.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Wait, what is the difference between literal red and "red"?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
You know it's almost funny how polar opposites we are on this one eros. When I looked at the IMDB page, I found it utterly impossible to believe that she is 33. I thought for SURE she was in her early to mid 20's. [Smile]

Whereas while I was watching, I thought "wow, she looks like she's in her 30's and they're trying REALLY hard to make it seem like she's in her 20's."

Who knows? [Dont Know]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Wait, what is the difference between literal red and "red"?

Ariel's hair is red, as in RGB value FF0000 (or close to it), whereas what we refer to as "red" hair is orangey-brown, not red.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

So...you mean has Disney ever had a princess with orangey-brown hair? No one comes to mind, but I've seen Amy Adams described as the first red headed Disney princess since Ariel from Disney before. But I guess to someone with red issues, that'd be an important distinction.

Maybe Nala? Though I don't know if she was ever a princess, I think she technically went right to Queen.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
No one comes to mind, but I've seen Amy Adams described as the first red headed Disney princess since Ariel from Disney before.
If others aren't making the distinction, I won't bother. Ariel it was, then!
quote:
Maybe Nala? Though I don't know if she was ever a princess, I think she technically went right to Queen.
Does Disney count the non-humanoids as princesses?

(What would the Nala barbie look like?)

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't know...something from Disney Presents: The Island of Dr. Moreau?
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The Little Mermaid.

I thought Amy was cute. But then, I like cute.

Helen Slater
Jodie Foster
Kate Beckinsale
Sandra Bullock

Amy Adams, other than her too-sharp nose (in my opinion) is darling.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O I just discovered on IMDB that Amy Adams played Tara's cousin Beth in Buffy. I didn't recognize her at all. Completely different character and she did both well.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

She's MY AGE?!? [Eek!] And here I was getting all annoyed at the fact that it's McDreamy-with-a-much-younger-woman again!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Am I really the only one who saw immediately that she was in her 30's???
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Am I really the only one who saw immediately that she was in her 30's???

I would've guessed something like 25-29
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I guessed 30, as in exactly 30. But not "in her 30s."
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Oh, but that was NOT based on her in Enchanted, it was based on shots of her in regular clothing and non-pro makeup I've seen.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Enchanted was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Enjoyable! I loved that movie!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Based on the commercials, I would guess around 30.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

She's ADORABLE! That nose is so perfect, I kept wondering if it was really 100% natural!

I'm glad that someone else noticed her nose! I kept being distracted by how cute it was.

I think Amy is quite pretty but the close-ups on her were NOT good. Whoever did her makeup should be fired! She always looked like she'd come back from jogging or swimming with her makeup on. Just very greasy and unclean-looking.

But regarding the movie as a whole, I loved it! I wasn't sure about it from the beginning because it felt TOO cheesy but it really did grow on me. Mostly because Amy so embodied the perfect Disney princess in all of her movements and speech (though she did do this obnoxious thing with her hands alittle too much.) But, I really did love the music and the dancing and the story. It brought back all those feelings I had as a kid and how I felt about true love and how all feelings of joy and sadness should be sung to oneself. I suddenly regretted that I don't own all of my favorite Disney movies on dvd. I wanted to rush home and pop in Cinderella and then Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast.

I will say that I didn't necessarily like that the Robert character was engaged. I hate seeing girls left behind by men so I was beyond thrilled that Nancy got a happy ending.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.