FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How many could you take... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How many could you take...
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
25 5-year-olds
Drunkard
47%

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
I can take 31, but I'm upset that they didn't let me specify how I'd eliminate them.

Yeah--the real difference between a 5 year old and an aduly is the adult's ability to design and execute a complex plan. And I do mean execute.
Now who am I going to share these pretty drawings with? [Frown]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
23. If only I had known this on Halloween. I could have wound up with a lot of candy.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
psh. 5 year-olds don't hold too much candy... but I guess 23 of them might net you a fair haul.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
13. And I fudged a little on how ruthless I would be. I'd probably try to reason with them, and then redirect their behavior to something more appropriate.

I'm like a living refutation of Darwin's theory of Survival of the Fittest.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
22. 64% zombie survival.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't take the test, but...I have trouble imagining why so many 5-year-olds are so willing to attack me all at the same time.

I can take hard hits fairly well, so toe-to-toe with people that size isn't a problem. Knocking me down won't work. I'll start biting whoever is close enough, and I'll bite hard enough to get them off of me.

OTOH, drug-crazed 5-year-olds might be a problem. They might not care if I bite off ears.

I would probably just outrun them all anyway. I'm pretty fast over a short distance, and have good wind for longer distances.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no, 40% (at best) chance of surviving the zombies.

I'm doomed!

Im in yur cranium, eating yur brainz.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

28 5-year-olds, 53% on the zombies. The zombies worry me a little more. Pressure point knockouts won't work on them, I'm guessing, and neither will pain-infliction techniques. Maybe at least they're blindable. If not, I mean, you can only run for so long. You have to take a breather sometime.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Not if you're a zombie!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 20% chance of surviving a zombie attack.

Again, I'm like a living refutation of Darwin's theory of Survival of the Fittest.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It's good to know, though, that my dead body is worth $6190.
steven
Member # 8099

I'm refusing to click on Tante's dead body link. OK I give up. *clicks*

$4625.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

$6725! w00t!

(Don't tell my sweetie.)
< .. <
> .. >

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
$6725! w00t!

(Don't tell my sweetie.)
< .. <
> .. >

I told him. He's pretty sure he'd get a little more than that for ya.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Ha!

Bless his heart, he's half blind.

(Hmmm. Does that go for more or less?)

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
For this 5 year old thing, I think everyone is forgetting that a 5 year old has teeth. Their punches and kicks may not be that effective, but their little chompers will take a chunk out of you if they get a chance. All they have to do is go for your legs, and no amount of "drop kicking" is going to help you.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
The first five year old to bite me gets his teeth knocked out, and that's only the beginning. We'll see how many decide to follow his heroic, yet ultimately foolish lead.

Edit to add: I hadn't read the setup of the situation on the quiz prior to posting. Thus, this post and my previous post are invalidated. Fear doesn't much help. That said, kids can't plan ahead, and you can objectively eliminate anyone who tries to organize. Unless Ender, Bean, and Co. are around, I'm not sure there's an upper bound. Knees and elbows.

[ December 16, 2007, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Fusiachi ]

Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
I rate 31 5-year olds. Not bad. It really isn't hard to crush the ribcage of somebody that young. I'm also not at all worried about the teeth issue. I usually wear fairly heavy hiking boots and jeans, so any kid attacking me is going to get the wind knocked out of him before his teeth get anywhere close to hurting me.

Even though it would probably take more than one hit to truly knock out or kill a 5-year old, after one solid hit they are pretty much a dead weight, albeit with some ability to crawl. Once you get them in that state, I'd say just move away or trample them.

I also rate 76% chance of survival of a zombie attack.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
30 kids. man. thats all? i need to start working out more maybe. yes, this is my motivation that will finally get me back into the gym. The need to take more than 30 five year olds in a fight.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
21. And I exaggerated my knowledge of martial arts.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I just say how much I love the fact that the ad at the bottom is for something called "kidcomplishment"?

I think I scored a 70% on the zombies (took it last week, and didn't make a point of remembering the score), but I probably lied about how much I'd do to try to help others, so I expect my actual score would be lower.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David G
Member # 8872

- posted      Profile for David G   Email David G         Edit/Delete Post 
I already know from personal experience that it takes just 3 5-year olds to kick my tuchus.
Posts: 195 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
31, but only because I'm not willing to waste time with pile drivers and things. I'd do whatever was necessary to knock the kids out, then leave them be. No reason to waste energy on fancy-pants moves when a quick punch to the head will do.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd take the biggest kid and swing him around. Then everyone else would want me to do them, and then I'd probably die from exhaustion in about 45 minutes. That said, it gave me 25.

See, we have weekly training sessions called "tickle fights" where everyone in the family takes turns getting held down and tickled by everyone else. My brother says that's not really a "fight" per se. It started when we were on diets and couldn't have sweets for Family Home Evening.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.