FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hitched! -- without a single hitch! *grin* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hitched! -- without a single hitch! *grin*
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Fellow Jatraqueras and o's . . .

Just wanted to let you all know that my former husband and I have decided we have grown up enough now to live in marital bliss.

[Big Grin]

Or at least grown up enough to deal in a more mature and kind fashion with each other when the eventual discord occurs. [Wink]

For those of you Scripture readers, this verse about sums it up: Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 (NSRV).

quote:
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. Again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone? And though one might prevail against another, two will withstand one. A three-fold cord is not quickly broken.

We're getting (re)married this Wednesday evening at 7:30. Wish us well! [Smile]

[ December 20, 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me be the first to congratulate you!

(congrats!)

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. How is Nathan taking this?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, Shan. [Smile] Congratulations, and I wish all three of you the best. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you all the best.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Cool. Um, am I allowed to ask questions? Like, is this coming out of the blue?

Congratulations! May it work out better than you hope and give you all the happiness you deserve. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I am very happy for you.

Your son must be thrilled.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you both well [Smile]

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
That's great, Shan. [Smile] Congratulations, and I wish all three of you the best. [Big Grin]

[ROFL]

I was gonna say,
quote:
A three-fold cord is not quickly broken.
Three is better then two, is better then one, is better then zero? When does it stop getting better?

But congratulations, may your union make you both happy!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

BB [No No] *giggling*

I.e., Nathan

Nathan says he wants to be the ring-bearer. He chose the song, "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkle for us, and is finding a Bible verse to contribute.

He's such a sweet boy.

(Side Note: He also made a delightful Angel Gabriel in the Children's Christmas play yesterday. Everyone kept telling us how angelic he looked. Even with his hand in a cast.)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
Best Wishes to you and your (reunited) family, Shan!

The best piece of marriage advice I've received thus far (from The Christ-Centered Marriage by Neil T. Anderson and Charles Mylander, an excellent book): Keep your focus on growing in your own character and meeting your mate's needs, rather than on attempting to change your mate's character and meeting your own needs. It's the attitude Christ would have in any relationship.

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
All good things to you and yours, Shan. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. We had a re-marriage in our church congregation last year and the kids (two teenagers and a pre-teen) were the wedding party. It was very meaningful for them to show their support for making the family work.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, Shan!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Shan. How long has it been, how long was the first marriage?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I wish you all the best.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

That's great advice, DoB. I'll check that book out of the library. Thanks! [Smile]

Nathan's reading from Psalm 139: 1-6, 13-18, dkw. Seeing Nathan's excitement and his desire to participate, I can imagine the family excitement in the family that re-married in your congregation last year. [Cool] My soon-to-be 14 year old Nathan'll juggle rings. And "DJ" the music before and after. I know why he wants "Homeward Bound" in the service, and while the chorus is beautful, some of the lyrics are not appropriate for the occasion. [Wink]

Hi quid and pooka! Greg and I lived together for a bit over two years, were married for one, and have been divorced for a bit over 8. But continuing to co-parent, do stuff as a family, and grow up a bit more on individual levels. We all want the adoption finalized for Nathan with Greg, too, who has done the fathering since Nathan was a wee less than two -- so that is an exciting part of this, as well. (I think that sort of answers both querstions.)

I forgot how many details there are to this sort of thing -- no matter how intimate a setting! I have got to find time to do my fingernails!!! [Angst] After cleaning the bathroom. [Big Grin]

anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Shan. This is a eally nice piece of news. Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Shan!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Oh my gosh! We picked up the rings this evening. They are matching gold bands, with just a wee bit of -- I don't know how to describe it other than this -- pie crust crimping -- around the edges. Very simple and elegant.

Pardon me while I wax feminine . . .

In Christmas spirit, I have a beautiful red silk jumper with a silk red/green blouse. My hair is a growing out reverse bob -- almost shoulder length -- which I will just do up with loose curls. I've also finally learned to use a curling iron with limited success. *grin*

In a little less than 24 hours (I can hear Inigo echoing in my head, "In little less than an hour . . . " [Wink] ) I will be married!

My house is tidied, and the Christmas decorations are delightful, and all things are on a go!

This has been so very smooth!

*happy sigh*

rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for you. [Smile]

(I could swear I posted yesterday but teh Interwebnets ate my post, apparently.)

Good luck in the times to come and, well, huzzah!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congratulations!! I hope that your family will have a wonderful life together!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. I have a December anniversary in a week and a half.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*gathers handfuls of rice*
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, "Sadie, Sadie, married lady," hope you and the mister are doing well! Nobody accidentally said "no" or dropped the ring or anything?
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
*gathers handfuls of rice*

[No No] You'll choke the birds with that stuff.

*grabs rice, throws it in the cooker*

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

No you won't.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

This is what happens when I sleep though the alarm. I had that link all ready to go, too! [Wink]
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me be the, oh, 25th to congratulate you!
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

The minister says she has never seen a more perfect wedding. We got hitched without a single hitch in the proceedings! [Big Grin]

Intimate, sacred, filled with hope. No dropped rings, no missed cues, no rings on the wrong finger, everyone was on time and in good spirits.

The service was beautiful, and so very applicable to Greg and me.

Thanks be!

Edit to add the fun Nathan story:

So, my charming young lad wore his blue button down dress shirt with jeans, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger tie, and dress shoes. He was a perfect gentleman, read his scripture beautifully, and handed the correct rings to the correct put-er-on-er of rings (since they are matching, perhaps not as easy as you might think . . . [Wink] ) and was perfectly behaved at all times.

As soon as the final blessing was done, he literally kicked off the dress shoes, tossed his tie in the corner, and untucked his shirt before grabbing the bowl of chips and jumping full-length on the couch, a big grin on his face.

[Big Grin]

[ December 20, 2007, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Shan. Wonderful news.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. That's awesome. (:
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Shan:
As soon as the final blessing was done, he literally kicked off the dress shoes, tossed his tie in the corner, and untucked his shirt before grabbing the bowl of chips and jumping full-length on the couch, a big grin on his face.

*giggle*

[Big Grin]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woot! Congratulations!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

*high five*
Congratulations!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've ever worn shoes at a wedding reception (or any sort of wedding after party) they come off immeadiatly after the bride and groom walk down the aisle together.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Wonderful, Shan!
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Awww, a Winnie the Pooh tie. That's the cutest tidbit I've heard in awhile.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Shan! You deserve all the happiness this world has to offer. [Wink]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
Congratulations!

Awww, a Winnie the Pooh tie. That's the cutest tidbit I've heard in awhile.

Cutesy or odd humor seems to abound in my family. Greg wore his "Three Stooges" tie -- with my complete approval. [Wink] The other tie was so plain -- and had no red to complement my dress. What's a bride to do? [Big Grin]
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile] Good choice.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Family is so funny. I guess we get to plan a big reception for this summer.

Hmmm. Outdoors BBQ/potluck at one of our wonderful, local waterfront parks, I think. With lots of games and watermelon . . .

Eeeck. Can't think of this now -- must find stocking stuffers . . . .

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.