FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone else watching Law and Order?

Author Topic: Anyone else watching Law and Order?
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This one's based on the lawyer who sued the dry cleaners that lost his pants. [ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I might tonight (I saw that in the synopsis on Yahoo's tv layout for tonight.) It's not on for another 3 hours here. And it's running at the same time as "The Jewish Americans", part 2, which granted will re-run all week, but I really enjoyed part 1 and have been trying to catch part 2 and missed it twice so far...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, if I was in LA I would be. My roommate teases that she loves how I am the last person in America to discover Law and Order. I never watched it until this past fall. I spent hours on end nestled down into the LoveSac-- there was always at least one channel playing reruns.

It also made a great background show when I was doing work on my computer.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, my parents just got cable while I was home for Christmas. I was trying to explain to my dad that Law and Order is on pretty much 24 hours a day. It's really great to have on while I'm doing homework.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I'm a total Law and Order junkie, too.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I adore Law and Order. When I was at my dad's house over Christmas, it was on pretty much the entire time. It's absolutely addicting - all the best elements of lawyer and cop shows and everyting gets wrapped up in an hour. I am often genuinely surprised at the plots as well.

How did the one with the dry cleaners play out?

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched the original Law & Order in a while, but like Porce I O.D'd on it when I first discovered it (and that lasted for several years). I also enjoy the Criminal Intent w/ Eames and Gorrin (sp?); not so much the second pair. Vincent D'Onofrio totally got on my nerves when I started watching it, but his character has grown on me.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Law and Order too.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
SVU is by far my favorite Law and Order Show. I love the two main detectives, Stabler and Benson. Plus I do a killer Ice-T impression.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the SVU characters, but hate the SVU stories and episodes.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

What mph said. But it's been so long since I've watched SVU, I'm not even sure if that's still true.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I like SVU, and it's somewhat more because of the plots than the people.

*spoiler*

I miss Alex. The new DA is OK, and I'm warming to her, but Alex was pretty good. Bah.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
How did the one with the dry cleaners play out?
SPOILERS

It ended up being about poisoned toothpaste, actually.

Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Law & Order is great. Is it weird that I really love the ching-ching sound?

They're supposed to be making a British remake of L&O next year, too, which might be fun.
I can't wait to see a version Law and Order where all the lawyers wear wigs.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Apparently my cousins went to school with the kid of the guy who wrote the theme song for Law & Order (including that "chung chung.") And apparently he has a really good lawyer write his contracts. He still gets residuals on the song every time they make an episode, and when they did the new versions of the song for the new shows he got paid to do it again, and even for the use of the song in the video game.
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
That sound *is* Law and Order. If they didn't have it, there would be no show. All the drama would be gone.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:
Law & Order is great. Is it weird that I really love the ching-ching sound?

Are you kidding? That is the sound that used to bring me running to the TV if one of my roommates was watching it in the other room.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I bet none of you watch as much Sesame Street as me, but there was a really funny "Law and Order: Special Letters Unit" skit on last year.

Hey, look, it's on YouTube! Here it is. *giggles* I especially love the Munsch Muppet. And they mention the sound.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Pavlovian thing going on with the ching-ching sound.

I'm with mph on the SVU. I love the characters but the stories are depressing. Criminal Intent is often fun, though.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We're watching Sesame Street. I just heard that "chung chung" and my head snapped up! *giggles* Turns out the word of the day was "mystery", and Mariska Hargitay (who plays Olivia Benson on SVU, and the spelling of whose name I probably just slaughtered) had a mystery for the viewers to solve. But I thought it was hilarious how I can be totally surfing the web, absorbed in a blog, ignoring the tv, hear that sound, and snap to attention.
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, the sound is called "doink doink."

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It definitely doesn't sound like "doink doink."
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it sounds more like "doonk doonk", but it's really hard to...what, spell? Phoneticize?
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I dunno, a low and slightly guttural "tchung tchung" comes pretty close, to my ears.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.