FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If Shakespear had written Star Wars (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If Shakespear had written Star Wars
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad the valor is sized fine . . . *laughing greatly*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
The ad at the bottom:

Cliffsnotes Shakespeare: The Manga Edition.

Cool, 'cause Shakespeare didn't involve enough tentacles and giant robots in the first editions...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
The ad at the bottom:

Cliffsnotes Shakespeare: The Manga Edition.

Cool, 'cause Shakespeare didn't involve enough tentacles and giant robots in the first editions...
Friends!!! (FLASH FLASH FLASH)

Romans!!! (ZOOM IN AND OUT WILDLY)

Lend me your Ears! (FLASH TO CROWD WITH SOUNDS OF UOAHHH????)

I loved Cesar! (EXAGGERATED SQUINTY EYES AND FLASHING IN THE CROWD)

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone please change the thread's name to correctly spell "Shakespeare".
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
We have six surviving signatures of Shakespeare's. No two of them are spelled the same way.

This again proves my theory that for every topic man can discuss, there is a relevant Sheldon comic. (And if you aren't reading Sheldon, why the heck not?)

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Sheldon the one with the Klingon fashion designer and the Vulcan party planner?
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
What, you mean Ga'arth and Torvak?

http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070618.html
http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070619.html
http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070620.html
http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070621.html
http://www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/070622.html

Yep. Oh how I love the search function! That's one of my favourite weeks ever.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea why I haven't been reading it. I'm gonna fix that. [Smile]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
This may be the greatest thread of all time
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Leia: Halt, I beseech thee troupers of yon tempest. Perchance a moment to spare that I may say my farewell to yon rogue.

Han, my Han, allow me to sayeth what most my heart yearns to be shouted from the pinnacle of yon city tower. It was but a few days ago that I was an Ice Princess, cold and aloof, unyeilding in my shrew like, as cold to thee as any valley of Hoth. And you, young Han, strong Han, dare I say my Han, you have transported me from thy depths of frigid Hothian endeavor to live even here high amongst the clouds. Thee has set me free, though we be captives of fate. Thee has bound us together though they drag thee away. Han, this warmth, this giddy altitude of my soul that has flown with thee and too thee? Shalst I name it? Shall I lighten this darkest hour with but the whisper of it, and by its whisper, let it shine a light and warmth that will keep thee even amongst the cold future that awaits.

I shall, my Han.

I shall name this which my heart doth sing. I love thee Han Solo. Truly, I lovest thee.

Han: I knowest.

Exuent Han into Carbonite

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Gosh I guess I have to reserve the rights to Anakin's conversion scene, because Dan will take that one next.

EDIT: Stop typing with one hand, C3PO! Preposition trouble.

[ February 12, 2008, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: C3PO the Dragon Slayer ]

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this seems to have died down a little (and I just am not up enough on the newer movies so Anakin's conversion is safe in C3PO's hands) we are bound to ask the next obvious question....

What if George Lucas had written Shakespeare.

"Hark, what through yon window breaks? It is Juliet. She is like....sand."

Falstaff would be a Wookie.

"Much Ado About Clones"

"Pray dear Orlando, what is this thing called love?"
"Tis but microscopic organism that we can track and count with yon meter. In this way we can determine how much love there is in any given creature."

"Friends, Roman, Alderians, lend me your ears or this guy with the sword of light will cut them off your head."

"Et tu Brutus?"
"Yes'eb. Sir'eb. It'eb be-a me'ba to'ba" (that was my best Jar-Jar Binks accent.)

"2-B or not 2-B. What shall we name the robot?"

"Now is the winter of Hoth's discontent."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

I protest! Falstaff would have to be a Hutt.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallstaff: HA HA HA HA. I shall check you proud Hal Verdu

Hal: :::waves finger::: Old man, I do not know you.

Fallstaff: HA HA HA, week minded fools! I have heard the chimes at midnight, I know you.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Revenge of the Sith: Act III, scene II (excerpt), upon Anakin denying any knowledge of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

Palpatine: The legend of Dark Lord Plagueis the Wise
A tale yon Jedi Council doth despise;
For amidst all others he cause great strife,
He had midichlorians create life!
Unrivaled was his power in the Force,
His cloak black, his lightsaber crimson red.
The true talent of he was this, of course:
He could save those he loved from dropping dead.
Abilities unnatural were they,
Which is why the Masters have it covered.
But who can claim that he had gone astray
Because he had the power to save others?
So, tell me Jedi, why he in good health
Could save his friends, but not at all himself?

EDIT: spelling

C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

(continued from previous post)

Anakin: What is this, that you know tales of the Sith?
Palpatine: Many secrets are entrusted to me.
Anakin: I will take in account what thee hath quoth,
Though I still fear I'm in uncertainty.
Palpatine. Thou art wise to think with an open mind.
More than Yoda and Obi-Wan and Mace,
Now if you search your feelings you will find
It was your wit that won you that Podrace.
Build not such walls that stop knowledge diffuse.
Find hope; emancipate yourself and see
That knowledge not from Jedi you may use
For good, to once again set yourself free!

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bumping this thread because I just found out that apparently this is sort of a thing now.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats...there goes my book.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read it and it is quite funny. We also get some internal monologue from R-2. It's nice to know what the little guy is thinking.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that have been intriguing.

Even better:

What if Homer was reincarnated and wrote The Odyssey in space?

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I read that a few weeks ago. It's awesome.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.