FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brother, Daughter of JFK Confer Mantle of JFK on Obama (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Brother, Daughter of JFK Confer Mantle of JFK on Obama
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you like the Red Sox? Do you like the Patriots? Do you like the Celtics?

'Nuff said.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait? What are you saying about my sports teams? And how is that an indication of how we're always wrong? The Red Sox have won the World Series twice in 4 years. The Patriots won three in a row, and are on their way to a completely perfect season. The Celtics, yes have been crap, but they're actually pretty good at the moment. How does that mean we're always wrong? Your argument makes no sense.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

You like evil teams.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you live in or around Orlando? Other than the questionable Magic, do you guys even have any teams? Disney characters don't count. [Wink]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Evil teams? How are my teams evil? My teams kick butt! I dare you to find a bigger fan than Red Sox fans. They don't exist. The movie Fever Pitch was made about them for a reason.

And why such a hatred for my teams? I don't understand. We have no qualms with Orlando. Orlando's cool. Mickey lives there.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Actually Fever Pitch was a remake of a European film about a fanatic of a soccer team.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. But, of all the American baseball teams they could have used, they used mine. That's because our fans are awesome. And somewhat crazy. But that's another story. But you still haven't answered my question. Why do you hate Boston teams so much?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Because they are evil.

And because their fans are obnoxious.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well to be fair, the Red Sox bought their World Series titles. Or at least I think you can make that argument. You might not have a half billion dollar salaray like the Yankees do, but you aren't far behind.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Oh, let's not even get into this. Our fans are not obnoxious. We're passionate. And we did NOT buy our title. The Dice-K deal was a great marketing scheme and paid for itself a hundred times over with marketing from Japan. And we have such a better farm system than anything the Yankees have. The Yankees are evil, if anything. They buy their talent. Some of our best guys on the team were rookies that we brought up from our farm system and trained and took the time to use properly. Clay Buchholz pitched a no-hitter, and no one had ever HEARD of him until this year. Jacoby Ellsbury? Amazing, and a rookie and he came up from our farm system. The Yankees do nothing like that. They try to buy the big names and then whinge when they get injured.

PS. Don't get me started on this subject. I could be up all night talking about this, and I have class in 8 hours. If you want to talk to me about Boston teams, let me know, and we'll have a chat online. I'm totally ready for a debate.

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
Some of our best guys on the team were rookies that we brought up from our farm system and trained and took the time to use properly. Clay Buchholz pitched a no-hitter, and no one had ever HEARD of him until this year. Jacoby Ellsbury? Amazing, and a rookie and he came up from our farm system. The Yankees do nothing like that. They try to buy the big names and then whinge when they get injured.

Right. I suppose you've never heard of Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, and Ian Kennedy.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Okay, so they do have some guys who came up from the farm system, but I honestly think that they don't use their farm system as much as they could. Plus, I hate the Yankees with a fiery passion of a thousand suns.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.