FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Watch classic Star Trek for free at cbs.com

Author Topic: Watch classic Star Trek for free at cbs.com
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/video/video.php

I've only seen one episode of this series before--the famous one written by Harlan Ellison (it was good. Merely good.) Now I'm going through all the other supposedly excellent episodes--last night I saw "Balance of Terror" and it was outstanding!

Thanks, cbs.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

Now I just have to figure out which ones I haven't seen.

Thanks! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
This is awesome!
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally saw "Arena" for the very first time.

I used to try and stay up late and watch TOS when I was little. It usually came on too late, though.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't it run on NBC originally?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
DOOD! MacGyver season 1 is also there. Suh-weet, I can drool over RDA and laugh at the contraptions at will. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Didn't it run on NBC originally?

Yes, but I believe CBS currently owns the syndication rights.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't look like these are the retooled ones with better graphics. Too bad, because I think that is the best thing that has ever been done to the series since they were made into movies. It makes it possible for me to watch them and not get taken out of the story because of the bad special effects (although you can't hide the 60s styles).
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I saw the Hugo winning two-parter called "The Menagerie," the only two parter the series ever did. It was excellent.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, to bad it's not on Hulu.com

Not being able to make it full screen sucks unless I'm missing something.

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch it on TV Land in the mornings while I get ready for work. I still don't get all the grief folks give Shatner. I think he does fine.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
HE, must be, THANKful, that you appreciate his, ACTING STYLE.... I for one.... do as WELL.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Shatner is the best comedic actor that never was (well, until recently anyway).

I haven't seen a lot of TOS, but what little of it I have seen has left me in stitches. Maybe it's because I grew up on TNG but, I can't take TOS seriously.

I do like the movies though.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
See, everyone says that but I don't hear it. Sure, he uses the pauses while he's thinking up a brilliant plan on the fly or when he's trying to keep his emotions in check. But it works there.

I only think he sounds goofy when they do the obligatory episode wrap-up with him, Spock, and Bones. They change the music, Bones gives the straight line, and he delivers some not terribly funny line before telling Sulu what warp factor to proceed at. But I don't blame Shatner for that.

Edit to add: I stand corrected. Today Spock got to set up the straight line.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
MacGyver! Oh, today's gonna be unproductive...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.