FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New fashion? Boys wearing girls' pants? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New fashion? Boys wearing girls' pants?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm wearing girls jeans now. Not sure, though.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, where did you get them? Do they have little flowers on them?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
Those girls who identified themselves as Scene were not emo. The way there were dressed is very different than emo. You'll notice the girl in the girl on the left has a blue shirt on. Not a pale blue which states 'I can't bring myself to be happy' but a solid strong colored blue. The girl in the middle is wearing pink. While it is the right color pink, being more faded out, not female emo that I ever knew would wear pink. That was reserved for the guys.

And if I remember correctly, There were emo kids before Myspace ever got really big. It just got most recognized on there.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I first heard of "emo" from a very (now) stereotypically "emo" male friend of mine back in 1994, when he shoved a Mr. Bungle CD at me. At the time, the term referred not so much to any style choices as to the musical genre "emocore." In fact, all the kids I knew in '94 who listened to emocore appropriated traditional skater fashions (JNKO, etc.)
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If we did all our chores, homework, and didn't get into any fights with our parents, we got 5 bucks on Saturday. I think that's a perfectly reasonable allowance.
Congratulations! You are truly officially old now [Smile] When you start telling "When I was younger..." stories you are officially old
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the "You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same" t-shirt incredibly ironic. For a bunch of alleged non-conformists, it's amazing how similar emo kids look.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh... emo... Goth without the black.
The tight jeans are in style everywhere, and they're made for boys now too, not just girls.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL okay I just have to laugh because that picture of the Scene girls totally just looks like some glammed up 80s girls ala Cyndi Lauper. So really at its core its not new - they are totally copying my era [Big Grin]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
To me, scene looks like a mix between emo and a candy kid (a genre of raver named such do to a predilection toward hallucinogenic drugs).

Candy kids generally dress in bright colors with bright beaded bracelets and necklaces along with blinking lights, the purposes of which are to enhance visual stimulation under the effects of drugs, namely ecstasy.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
It's an old fashion thing. It is popular because the jeans don't get in your legs' way while you skate and do tricks.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder when the distinction between "scene" and "emo" came to be. Because when I was going to concerts, "scene" was just used by people who thought that the term "emo" was stupid and didn't apply to what they listened to, and that people who used the term "emo" didn't really understand what it meant, etc. But to the outsider they would look exactly the same: jeans, studded belt, band t-shirt and black hair.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Before now, the only thing I knew about "emo" was that it was slang from Ender's Game.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to state my own amusement when one of these fashion monsters today discussed their disgust with the lack of punk in the new Panic at the Disco album. I'm not a Panic fan at all. But I found it amusing that they're comment was, "This doesn't sound like anyone else at all. What happened to their old sound? They're not punk anymore."

The new album is supposed to be more influenced by The Beatles and The Beach Boys. I guess you can see where their musical loyalty lies. With the bands that "sound like anyone else" that clog today's radio.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.