FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Disney/Pixar to release 10 animated films over the next four years...

Author Topic: Disney/Pixar to release 10 animated films over the next four years...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The press release...

Hmmm. Included are Pixar's first classic fairy tale flick and Disney's attempt to "make the most beautiful CGI animated movie ever."

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but half of them are Tinkerbell movies. What's with all the Tinkerbell?

The "Bear and the Bow" sounds interesting. And possibly "Up." And of course I can't wait for WallE.

Any news, I know it isn't from Pixar or Disney, but any news on Ice Age 3? I've seen the trailer, a typical hilariously cute Scrat bit, and though the premise looks stupid, I'm interested in it, even if only for the tidbits of Scrat I'll get.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I searched the page for that phrase Puffy, I didn't see it.

What about the most beautiful 2d/3d animated movie ever? Well...guess that leaves room for moi. [Smile]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I was referring to Rapunzel, which co-director Glen Keane has enthusiastically described as the most beautiful CGI animated movie ever. They want it to look like a classic oil painting come to life. [Cool]

As far as Tink goes, it's the long delayed animated component of the "Disney Fairies" franchise. Hopefully Lasseter has gotten rid of the truly icky, disturbing things in earlier versions of the films.

All I know about Ice Age 3 (beyond the teaser) is that it seems to be the only major studio release scheduled for July 4th, 2009.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, why do I think the Pixar movies sound better than the Tinker Bell ones??
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The ones I'm most interested in currently are WALL*E (for obvious reasons) and The Princess and the Frog. Though Up, Toy Story 3, Rapunzel, The Bear and the Bow, and King of the Elves all intrigue me.
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Valerie is working on Up! I wonder if Newt is the one she couldn't talk about yet.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Ed Asner is voicing the protagonist of Up, which is awesome all in itself. [Smile]
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Pixar's pictures have been so good in the past because they've taken some time on them; I hope the merger hasn't put pressure on them to ratchet up their output.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Keep in mind that some of these films are being officially announced just now, many of them have been in various stages of production for some years.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Yeah, but half of them are Tinkerbell movies. What's with all the Tinkerbell?

Only about a third are Tinkerbell, and that's only if you put the direct-to-video films on the same footing as the theatrical releases; otherwise, none of them are.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm alarmed by the announcement of Cars 2. But it is Pixar, and their other sequel was great. So, I'm cautious and curious more than anything else.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't creating categories. There are sixteen movies on that list, four of which are direct to home video Tinkerbell movies, and two of which are Toy Story re-releases in another format. I guess the other 10 are supposed to be the 10 Puffy is referencing in the thread title. I didn't catch that before.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Keep in mind that some of these films are being officially announced just now, many of them have been in various stages of production for some years.

That may well be, but up until now, Pixar has only been putting out a feature film every 1-2 years. My recollection is also that people who saw early versions of A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo said that the refinements made before the final versions hit the screen made all the difference.

Perhaps they've simply become more efficient with improvements in technology, but it makes me nervous. I hope it's unfounded.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
They have three or four production teams working at a time in order to produce a movie every 1-2 years. I think Toy Story 3 is a good idea. I actually liked the first Cars - but that may just that I find cars in general pretty interesting.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely get behind Incredibles 2 in any way shape or form.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
That may well be, but up until now, Pixar has only been putting out a feature film every 1-2 years.

The Pixar films listed all come out about a year apart, so I'm thinking they're just getting a little more ambitious, which doesn't necessarily mean skimping on quality. [Smile]
Sterling
Member # 8096

As I say, I hope you're right! [Smile]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
I'd definitely get behind Incredibles 2 in any way shape or form.

As far as that goes, Brad Bird has said he some idea as to what happens to the family in later years, but won't do a sequel unless they find a really good story.
Sterling
Member # 8096

I bet Jack-Jack is a holy terror!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
I actually liked the first Cars - but that may just that I find cars in general pretty interesting.

I really liked it too. But I'm not sure how confident I am about a sequel.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.