FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Our newest ketchup-- Pics and birth story links now up, p 2 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Our newest ketchup-- Pics and birth story links now up, p 2
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a great disturbance in the Force. [Frown]

Thousands of jatraqeros cry out for baby pics!

Well, me anyway. But I can really disturb the Force. It's a gift.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Heiress Presumptive should be the right title.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Big Grin] Look forward to hearing the story and seeing pics.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
((ketchups))
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm home from the hospital. I gave Maggie her last feeding before I left. She's still there; she has to have bililights and the insurance will only cover them keeping her in the hospital to use them. (The bililights they have are really nice, a little bilibed, but that doesn't make me happy about leaving her.)

I'm really emotionally distraught right now-- I kinda threw a fit and refused to ride in the wheelchair when I left, even-- so I'll talk about the birth later. I know she's fine and it will only be a few hours but I just have such a hard time leaving my baby. [Cry]

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and good wishes. They really mean a lot to me and I'm sorry I can't be more communicative right now.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you had to leave Maggie, KQ.

((Ketchup Clan))

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the birth, Ketchup Clan. Here's hoping everything turns out well with baby!
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
(((ketchupqueen)))

Hope you have Maggie back soon and are feeling better.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
((ketchupqueen)) I hope she's home soon!
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
((kq)) I'm so sorry you had to leave without her. In your place, I would have thrown a fit too (and probably been not nearly as nice as I'm sure you were). I hope she'll be able to come home with you very, very soon!!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sorry to hear that. It must be insanely hard for you. [Frown] Hopefully she'll be home soon.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Hope you're together again soon!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((ketchupqueen)))))))) (((((((((Maggie)))))))))

Oh, I really need to check in more. I'm so happy for you. I'm so sorry you had to leave without her, I'm sure that was horrible! Hopefully, by now, she's home with you and your family.

x0x0x0x0x0x0x

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
(((ketchup family)))

We had to leave Candace at the hospital for four days after Cindy left (she was in for four days herself). I know how hard that is.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
[QB] I'm home from the hospital. I gave Maggie her last feeding before I left. She's still there; she has to have bililights and the insurance will only cover them keeping her in the hospital to use them. (The bililights they have are really nice, a little bilibed, but that doesn't make me happy about leaving her.)

This is the sort of thing that makes one question the sanity of insurance executives. Its not as if its going to save them money to keep the baby in the hospital.

quote:
I'm really emotionally distraught right now.
Of course you are. Any new Mom would be. You don't need to apologize, your reaction is completely normal and healthy.

It really pisses me off that you and others get put through this kind of emotional trauma for absolutely no rational reason.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((KQ)))))))) Congrats on the new birth! And hang in there!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I'm home from the hospital. I gave Maggie her last feeding before I left. She's still there; she has to have bililights and the insurance will only cover them keeping her in the hospital to use them. (The bililights they have are really nice, a little bilibed, but that doesn't make me happy about leaving her.)

This is the sort of thing that makes one question the sanity of insurance executives. Its not as if its going to save them money to keep the baby in the hospital.
Actually, that is exactly how my pediatrician talked the insurance company into covering the cost of lights at home -- by showing them how much cheaper it was for them than having my daughter readmitted to the hospital.

Unfortunately, IME, too few insurance companies are willing to listen to such arguments. [Razz]

I hope Maggie is home very soon, kq!

[ April 28, 2008, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling a bit better today, but she won't be home until Mon. morning. At least, we're 99% certain she'll be able to come home Mon. morning.

[ April 28, 2008, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
She'll be home soon, do your best to get as much rest as you can until she gets there.

*hugs*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

((kq)) Come home today Maggie!! You're dealing really well with this - hopefully being separated from her will end very very soon!!

I can't wait to see pictures, but you need to take care of yourself and her before worrying about silly things like posting pictures for us to coo over. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So we got to the hospital to feed her and the nurse said, "The doctor was just here and she was discharged. I imagine you'll want to feed her first?" Yes I did! I surely did! Ouch!

Anyway, she ate a TON, and now she is sleeping it off. We are very very happy she is home (especially me, but the rest of the family too.) The cat is checking her out right now. [Smile]

I have lots and lots and lots of pictures, of course, and I think I will probably get around to uploading them some time this afternoon. When I do I'll post some of her birth story. Right now I'm going to just kinda relax and stare at her beautiful little self lying in the playpen. [Smile]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations KQ, It must be a great relief to have her home at last.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yaaaaaaay!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

YAY! [The Wave]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Glad to hear Maggie is home with you all.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on getting Maggie into the world and getting to bring her home. [Smile]

I'm especially enjoying the name you gave her, since one of those names is one of my names (although not the one I use regularly) and the other is the name of my aunt whom I resemble most closely. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I'm so glad she's home! Yay!!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Welcome home Maggie.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
So glad she is home with you! It just tears your heart out to have to leave your new baby at the hospital! Sounds like she really knows and wants her momma. Congrats Ketchup Klan!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations KQ and company. Welcome to the world Maggie. [Smile]
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Birth story and first pictures up on my blog.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Pictures of Maggie with family members.
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, she is ADORABLE. And I have to say, I learn a lot from your birth stories- maybe now I know a little about what to expect, whenever I get married!
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Phototherapy pictures
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Coming home pictures!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And thanks, Tinros! [Smile] We think she's pretty adorable, too!
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin]

I want one. [Razz]

(Congrats, btw.)

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
She's beautiful kq and so are you! I'm glad she's home.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
(short hair! must be so much easier to keep up with!!! lookin' good, momma...)

Glad she's home and thanks for sharing the stories and pictures!!!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, yes, I did the short hair in December. And actually, though I need one, haven't had a haircut since (we're thinking this week before Jeff goes back to work we'll both get them.) But I just got to the point where I couldn't deal with it! It was a big change at first but now I love it. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
She's beautiful! Congratulations! Such a wonderful family. =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

quote:
I want one.
I don't. I mean, she's beautiful and all, but I am not the least bit tempted.

I'm very happy having all mine potty trained, thank you. [Razz]

KQ, glad she's home and everybody is doing well. I'm most impressed you can get three car seats across the back of a sedan - I had to buy a van!

brojack17
Member # 9189

Beautiful baby (and big sissies too). Man, they have grown since I saw them, but I guess it has been six months or so.

Welcome home little baby.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The pictures of Maggie in the full-size carseat are absolutely adorable.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Second that. She's a little cutie.

Good work KQ! [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Lovely.

KQ, I'm curious, how long will Maggie last in her Radian? We've started looking at carseats, and while a Radian is a bit more expensive then some of the other options, if it lasts longer I may have to look a bit further into it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.