FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spore Creature Creator (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spore Creature Creator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
So tomorrow the Spore Creature editor and creator is supposed to be released onto the internet for a free download. You get about 25% of all the different pieces that you do in the full game, and you can buy it for 9.99 at Wal*Mart or probably online too. Anyone going to try it?

I doubt my computer will be able to run it right now since it's messed up.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard you get a ten dollar discount from the full game if you get the creature creator, if that's true I'm absolutely going to get it.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm excited. [Smile]
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I hope a lot of you get it, and then I can live vicariously through you.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for the game itself to come out.
Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Originally posted by Shawshank:
I hope a lot of you get it, and then I can live vicariously through you.

I'll be sure to create things you ask then post a video of it to youtube.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a free download? Since when?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
The free download is for the demo of the creature creator. And for at least a Month or so I believe.
Yet the actual download will only be available starting later today.

Though why not already is slightly bugging me. Come on its already 2 in the morning where I am.

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
The free download is available now.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The free trial creator only has 25% of the stuff the full $9.95 creator has. Though there is no indication of it on the official web site, everyone on the web thinks that the $9.95 will go toward the preorder of the full game.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be downloading the free version when I get home. Can't wait.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
5% 6% takes forever 7% 8% don't it. 9%
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

12% 13% soooooooo loonnnnnnnnnngggggggg
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

18% ... 19% ... 20%
Member # 11614

42% 43%
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bokonon:
Though there is no indication of it on the official web site, everyone on the web thinks that the $9.95 will go toward the preorder of the full game.

-Bok

Well, if everybody on the internet thinks it's true....

In other news, I see on craigslist that somebody is giving away everything in their house! All you have to do is come and get it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

94% almost there ooo 95%
Member # 11614

Done!!!
Member # 11614

Installing!
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

[Frown] Of course I have the one chip set that most certainly doesn't work with Mac. How dare you do this to me GMA 950.

Why do you have to be basically obsolete less than two years after buying you?

[Cry]

Even worse is the fact that it lets you install the game and then when you try to play it all you get is the spinning galaxy.Then if you click on anything it simply minimizes the game.

So sad.

Member # 11614

The Creator is AWESOME!! hee hee hee I made buggers and pequinos/piggies! It works so well!
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty fun toy - it really makes me want to get spore, when it finally comes out. I wish the demo had a little more to do, but it's a fun teaser.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Pretty fun toy - it really makes me want to get spore, when it finally comes out. I wish the demo had a little more to do, but it's a fun teaser.

Yeah, but I suspect that there will be a more comprehensive trial as the actual launch date approaches.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't work. LAME.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Downloading it now.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

Got it to work. Pretty cool, but the demo is too limited. I make a kitty and a chicken and a bunch of monstrosities.
MEC
Member # 2968

I made a grass wolf, apparently, it's very sneaky.

I've also just made the banana from the peanut butter-jelly time meme.

[ June 18, 2008, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i made a dragon.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
The hardest part is naming my creatures. Wish I'd studied more Latin.

EDIT - did I forget to add that it's awesome? Oh. It's awesome.

[ June 18, 2008, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

When I get home tonight, I think I'll make a Crumple-Horned Snorkack.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
greaghal~! Its not here yet, for some reason EA download manager doesnt have the full version for download yet.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

I made the the fierce bugblatter beast
Javert
Member # 3076

I made the "Scorphibian". A giant, two-legged frog with a poisonous spitting scorpion-like tail.

This is awesome.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

The full version is now on sale.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I'd like to see some of these on Youtube- I checked earlier today and I didn't see any user created content yet.
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd like to see some of these on Youtube- I checked earlier today and I didn't see any user created content yet.

Oh, dear. There are some up now. Mostly phallic in nature.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Originally posted by Fusiachi:
quote:

Oh, dear. There are some up now. Mostly phallic in nature.
I've heard about that, I haven't seen any of those kind yet, maybe because I'm not looking for them or maybe I've just gotten lucky so far.
MEC
Member # 2968

Has anyone figured out how to download new creatures?
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has the full version, do you feel like it's significantly more fun than the demo? I'm thinking I'll probably just wait until the full game comes out, but who knows, it might be infinitely more fun than the demo.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I remember reading in previews of this that the creatures were all going to be vertibrates, which annoyed my quite a bit. It seemed like such an unnecessary limitation, you know? Is that the case, or have they expanded it? Also, is it possible to create aquatic life forms?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Only vertebrates, no real avians either.

There aren't any aquatic creatures in this creature creator, although I assume you can in the early evolutionary stage creator.

The Penny-Arcade guys made a pretty cool Deep Crow.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
If anyone has the full version, do you feel like it's significantly more fun than the demo? I'm thinking I'll probably just wait until the full game comes out, but who knows, it might be infinitely more fun than the demo.

I got tired of the limited selection of the demo, but the full version doesn't really have any new features. It was worth it to me for the variation.

Some useful tricks I learned:
1. alt and drag to make duplicates
2. holding control will let you attach legs end to end, or remove single segments of leg. I haven't tried it with arms yet, but I'd guess it works the same way.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Check out some of my creations.

I'd also love to see what other Hatrackers have come up with.

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

Wow, nice Sharkaphant.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna get weirded out?

1) On the main menu screen, with the galaxy in the background, click on the galaxy so the buttons go away.

2) Using the mouse, begin to rapidly rotate the galaxy by click dragging right to left along the bottom.

Video HERE.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about getting spore, I was really excited about it. Then I read that it is going to have the same copy protection that Bioshock and Mass Effect had, which is really less than friendly, even to legitimate customers.

However, these are all really great. I'm kinda jealous I haven't played with the demo yet.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I like your Leg Monkey Juxtapose.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Thanks. He was one of the few creatures that both looked and moved like I intended.

The sharkaphant I blatantly stole from one of Jack Handey's Deep Thoughts. [Big Grin]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Anybody tried creating something that looks as close to human as possible?
Member # 11614

I did, female and male.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.