FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shyamalan's finest work

Author Topic: Shyamalan's finest work
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
With all the smack being talked about him lately, it might be helpful to remember the golden days.

That's a powerful scene there.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed so hard. Thank you Speed for posting it, as always you are very funny guy
[ROFL]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't seen the trailer for that movie yet. I feel I'm now scarred for life.

How could Disney make the mistake of placing Aztecs at Machu Picchu?!?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In the movie script world, the Aztecs, Inca, and Mayans are all hazy, mutable entities that seem to pop up in existence wherever a film needs ancient mysteries and/or brown spear-hucking jungle savages. Where the jungle actually happens to be in a geographical sense is irrelevant. It's a jungle, so, aztecs. QED.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:

They had herky-jerky CGI demon dogs talking and singing in an unholy production number, and you're worried about cultural accuracy? [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the good old days of Fox and the Hound
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
That's far, far more disturbing than the original [scene from Sixth Sense]. Which I found more disturbing than most, I suspect, because I'd worked with the guy who plays the dead girl's father.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually laughed. Bravo.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Disney has completely sold out to the big CGI companies.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.