FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "The Bride wore a veil of purest Charmin..."

Author Topic: "The Bride wore a veil of purest Charmin..."
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Winning dress in the annual "Toilet Paper Wedding Dress" competition.

Well, I suppose in the current economy this is actually a wise idea.

Other entries in this year's contest.

[ June 22, 2008, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait...the winner only got $1000?

Lame...

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm flushed with excitement.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
None of them are as crappy as entries in "paper dress" contests often seem to end up. Overall, the entries from every year I could find bowled me over. These women (I didn't see any men) really seem to have a handle on how to turn tp into beautiful gowns.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
2005 , 2006 , 2007 , 2008

[ June 23, 2008, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The link marked "2008" leads to the "2007" page again.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
None of them are as crappy

Pun unintended, I hope. [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Pun intended, I hope.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked hard to find appropriate puns that weren't just a waste of space. A few are a bit of a strain on the grammar, but I hope you'll forgive that in the tradition of pun threads.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
"Bowled" and "handle" too.

Come on, people.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*cough*waste*cough*strain*cough*
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
They really wiped me out.

[ June 23, 2008, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
No...............kidding? (what were you expecting?!)
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

For a thread on such a light, fluffy topic, this is seeing a lot of movement.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Just another regular entry in the log book of artistic uses of household materials.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
This is really ripe territory for Triumph the Insult Comic dog.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It took me a while to notice this conversation, but I finally became aware that the thread's hits were climbing quickly, and thought I'd take a look and see what all of the commodetion was about. I'm glad that I finally did, though; lately I've been feeling the urge two ply my punning skills.

[edited to correct for awkwardness. No further puns were added to this post in the editing process]

[ June 23, 2008, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
And the puns keep rolling in.. Everyone here loves To Ply the words of the english language into odd contortions.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet the losers were really pissed off.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
And the puns keep rolling in.. Everyone here loves To Ply the words of the english language into odd contortions.

Everyone 'cept Tick. Tanks for reminding me of the scorn he has for pun threads, Pixiest. Why don't you just pour a little lemon juice on it while you're at it?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lol_kitteh
Member # 11664

- posted      Profile for lol_kitteh           Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS. I PLAYD WIF TEH TOILET PAPR.

BUT I DIDNT MEEN 2.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.