FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PSA: Ringback Tones

Author Topic: PSA: Ringback Tones
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm talking to you. Don't pretend I'm not.

This is a message to all of you with Ring Tones: take them off of your phones. As a person who regularly calls people back as part of my job, being subjected to your taste in music is not what I signed up for.

Granted, I have a pretty broad taste in music, but I really don't want to have to listen to the latest craptastic dance hit, or some smoove R&B or even the latest Canadian Post-Grunge Power-Rock Crotch-Grabbing Beer-Swilling Idiot-Fest. It's hard to take you seriously when just a few seconds ago I got a taste of your love of Marching band music or Polkas. It's even harder when the song goes into graphic detail about what you'd like to do to me were I female.

And even if it was a song by a group I like, I don't really want to listen to a Low-Fi, overly compressed version through my crappy speaker on my headset. If I want to jam to an Old School R&B hit, I want to hear the splash of the cymbal as a splash, not as a warble. And really, do you think I'm going to dance to something where the bass drum is inaudible because the compression removed that frequency?

So, seriously, just don't do it. It makes you look like a boob.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean those ringback tones that you hear instead of the regular "ring ring" while you wait for the call to be answered? I completely agree. My ex had "Dr. Love" for a while... talk about a serious case of false advertising! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly, if it's someone's job to call me, there's a very great chance that I'd enjoy annoying them with "Never Gonna Give You Up."
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since i work ever night as a "telephone survayist"(my name for it) ring back tones are the best thing ever, I listen to elavator music for half an hour constantly getting hung up on, when britney spears comes on im jubilant.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
MC - ooh Rickrolling via phone... I like. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only ever gotten compliments on my voicemail for my Star Wars Throne Room music ringback tone.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.