FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So- any music that links to your reading?

Author Topic: So- any music that links to your reading?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a thing with me that goes like this. I associate different tracks of music with many of the literature I've read because I always need to have something playing in the background. It goes for times of the year as well, I find this pretty interesting.
For example, last November I kept playing the new album by And One over and over and now the track is synonymous with that month.

My strongest association so far is between Enigma and Orson Scott Card. Every time I hear something from Enigma, I am reminded of all the books I've read by him and vice versa. I remember that I read the most back in high school when I lived with my mom and the county library wasn't too far. They have a vast collection and whatever they don't have they get for me at no charge.

Basically, reading any of those books, listening to Enigma, or going to my mom's draws a clear picture of those times.

The Child In Us by Enigma, specifically draws out Women of Genesis in me. They both seem to be of an amberish color as well. I can't really explain this, but it's just how my mind is working. :'0

Do any of you guys have anything to share or am I alone in this?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Eric Whitacre while I was reading Pullmans "His Dark Materials" trilogy. Verryyy pretty. I still think of the sections where he's interacting with those strange beings on the plains/forest...

Yeah I can't remember much.

[Smile]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee hee Whenever I play halo certain levels are asociated wit' different songs, while onepiece is asociated with ood charlotte.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I do that.
For some odd reason 24 Cylinders by Dir en grey reminds me of Ender's Game because I read it when that single came out.
Boulder Coaster by Acoustic Alchemy= Wise Child, but later on, so does Bought and Sold by Dar Williams.
Santiago reminds me of the first OSC book I've read, Seventh Son
Concieved Sorrow by Dir en grey sort of glarmed onto The Amber Spyglass for some reason.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.