FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » China Scares me (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: China Scares me
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
It isn't done because you said so. You don't know what you are talking about, and it gets more and more obvious each time you claim victory without providing substance.

At this point it is a moot point. It because one once you claimed that two or three weeks in the Canadian Armed Forces made you some sort of expert....despite the fact you were a wash-out.

Once again...you claiming something...or claiming expertise in something even...isn't the same as it being true. Repeating it doesn't clarify, or prove your points.

It just makes people less likely to take anything you say seriously.

This further proves that your just attacking the person not the argument, did i claim I was an expert because of whatever experiences I had in the army? No, I did say and counter your claim that I have "no real life experience" which you made in ignorance and disrespect.

Your not providing substance, I am not claiming victory per se I am claiming that your argument has no substance beyond your opinion and some vague logical fallacy, you provide no evidence, I provided historical examples.

I do know what I am talking about your the one whose degenerating into "I know what you are but what am I?" for lack of a substantiated argument.

Let us look over the argument once more as you can't seem to understand it and it would explain your increasing apparent inability to provide a factual counter argument.

Your argument: A Conscript army is less effective then a volunteer army.

Why? We ask.

Response: Because they have greater morale, are more patriotic, are more reliable et cetera.

Now, what evidence can you put forward that any of this is true and not just armchair quarterbacking, unsubstantiated opinion whoring and not fact at all?

Military training between a conscript army and a volunteer army is largely the same, training proper training instills values of teamwork, military ethics, discipline, and organization, as long as the forces receives this training volunteer or conscript that any differences in reliability, patriotism, and determination becomes negligible.

In Ender's Shadow Bean paraphrases Napoleon that a good general can control the circumstances leading up to the battle regarding his army, preparation, equipment, supplies, training, morale. Irregardless of whether a force is composed of volunteers or is of conscripts their ultimate fighting effectiveness will always depend on how they are prepared, trained, and equipped.

All things being equal any difference in morale would be so negligible as for the final result to be stalemate every single time because morale is not a decisive factor in determining the outcome of a given factor, it is a factor that must work in conjunction of all the other factors morale alone did not help the French against the Prussians in 1870.

I find that you would disrespect the patriotism and reliability of drafted sources disgusting and disrespectful.

Cut and run my arse.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
The 300 conscripts of Sparta.

I would would like to point out that there were roughly some thousands of greeks in the Pyranease and that the Persian army I doubt was particularly well trained, led or equiped compared to the armoured greek phalanx.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Are you complimenting me or are you dissing me through sarcasm, I actually cannot tell.

That depends, were you serious or kidding in the quote I was referencng?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I don't remember.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Now I remember: Kidding.

Although in all seriousness I think the French had a major and decisive effect on the outcome, the French fleet preventing the British evacuation at Yorktown I think was decisive in forcing the British to recognize American Independence, I think the Spanish and the Dutch were at war with Britain as well.

The British if I'm correct won most of the critical battles of the war but with their blockade ineffective and unable to exert control on a rather rural and not particularity well developed Colony made the effort increasingly unappealing.

Foreign pressure, an unwinnable war against American resistence, and a few costly defeats finally drove home that the British could not keep control of the colonies. All of these factors were I would say "equally important" with the American will to keep fighting as being particularly important quickly followed by the French, Spanish and Dutch entry in the war.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.