FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Google releases their own open-source browser today, 'Chrome' is the name. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Google releases their own open-source browser today, 'Chrome' is the name.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
The website I'm working on has certain parts of it that don't work in Chrome. [Frown]
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless those are parts driven by javascript, that means there are probably incompatibilities with all the other webkit browsers, too.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
So I tried a couple of sites with Chrome that use plug ins. And they didn't work. Just kept prompting me to install the plug in - no error when I installed them, it looked like it installed but then...back to square one. So I gave up. Firefox is good enough for me that I don't want to spend any time figuring it out. Maybe I'll try Chrome again in a few months and see if it works for me then.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I went back to Firefox for now.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried it for half an hour or so, but the blinking wiggling ads everywhere drove me back to Firefox and the beautiful AdBlock Plus.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
Flash doesn't work too well with chrome as I tried it which is pretty odd considering they own Youtube. You'd think they'd make that a priority. I'll use it for a couple more days though just to say that I gave it a fair chance.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.