FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me place an 80's cartoon

Author Topic: Help me place an 80's cartoon
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Without much to go on.

My best friend and I were recalling the 80's cartoons we grew up on, and we managed to nail down all of them that I could remember watching except for two.

The first one I googled and found to be The Adventures of the American Rabbit.

The only thing I remembered about that one was that the main character transformed into a superhero flying rabbit that looked like a star spangled banner with roller skates. Google found it.

But the other movie hasn't been as easy to come by. Probably because I don't remember as much about it. It's also animated, and also from the 80's (doubtful but possibly the early early 90's), and it's a movie. All I can remember from it is this cat who is on a journey of some sort, and part way through he grows this really really long golden tail, and it's a plot point of some sort.

I remember watching this movie a lot when I was younger, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's from. I want to say it's a Don Bluth movie, but I haven't seen any of those in years.

I know it's vague and not much to go on, but maybe it'll jog someone's memory. Thanks!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be Peter-No-Tail?

Have no idea if thats the movie...

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

No, it's not that, but the cat looks familiar, and that has me wondering if it might be the seqel, Peter-No-Tail in America.

Thanks Humean! I'll have to get ahold of the movie now.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone remember a cartoon involving, at some point, two soldiers in WWI?

I think the movie was about how the animals take over the world after the last two men kill each other. There's a scene of two WWI era soldiers firing at each other, each hitting the other, and then both dying surrounded in a cloud of mustard gas...

I'd like to see that one again.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you're remembering Harmon and Ising's Peace on Earth. It used to run on Cartoon Network's classic cartoon shows often, usually around Christmas.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the one where after the two last humans die the owl finds a book...start's reading the 10 commandments and says something like "this seems to be a pretty good book of rules"
And when they were describing what Man looked like they described them as if the gas mask was part of their real face? I can't remember what it was called sadly.

Edit: ok maybe it wasn't an owl...I looked this up from what Puffy Treat said.....it's the one I was thinking of anyway.

Found this on Youtube I was right...it was a owl. Yay for my memory

[ October 29, 2008, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Catseye1979 ]

Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
not sure, but this should transform into a David the Gnome discussion.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
not sure, but this should transform into a David the Gnome discussion.

I love the David the Gnome intro song
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I used to LOVE that show when I was a kid. That and Little Bits.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
You just made me waste 30 minutes reading about old 80s cartoons from my childhood. Darn you! [Wink]

Actually, it began as a simple thought, "What WAS the name of that cartoon..." I went and exercised my Google-Fu and was amply rewarded. [Smile]

It's hard for me to conceive of the fact that they sell those on DVD, now. I only remember small parts out-of-sequence, because that's how we received them, of course. It's tempting to get the DVDs and watch them through, despite the fact they're kids' shows. I guess the storylines elude me, and that's the part that's attractive. As with most stories, people want to know how they end. [Smile]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.