FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey geuss what?

Author Topic: Hey geuss what?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, but for some reason I have been practicing this little skit in my head and it always makes me chuckle.

"Hey 'Ryan' geuss what?"

"What?"

"You suck, hehehe, buuuuuurn."

And then 3 seconds later as hes rolling his/her eyes.

"Hey Ryan guess what!?"

"What?"

"You suck, hehehe, buuuuuurn."

And as hes getting a little annoyed now.

"Hey Hey! Ryan! guess what!?"

"What......" (with a hint of annoyance)

"You suck! hehehe, buuuuuurn."

Now hes espasperated.

"Hey. Ryan geuss what?"

"*sigh* What?" (with a hint of annoyance)

"You suck! hehehe, buuuuuurn."

I find this amusing, to my mind the optimal situation is to keep doing this ad infintitum, but I'm thinking what could make a good punchline for this routine?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
what could make a good punchline for this routine?
The JokeSaver Platinum 3000. It's the only punchline writer than can redeem tedium, unrealistic dialogue, and total lack of comedy in one tight little platinum package.*

From AI Misapplications, Inc.

*No actual platinum included.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I did something like this actually not too long ago, like two weeks. it was like DOIN IT WRONG, BUUURN, I AM THE INSULT MASTER

the punchline was he punched me in the throat

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean, I laughed and all
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I mean, like, once I could breathe again

that's funny, right?

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Very.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not funny in the way that Bush is a President.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I do think it's funny that on the main forum page, where you can see the subject lines of the most current posts on both sides of the river, I saw this one and thought "Blayne's started another thread" before seeing the author's name.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan's response--"not as well as your mother and she charges less. hehehe. Uber-burn."

If you think this is inappropriate I'll edit it out--but--its better than violence.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
to my mind the optimal situation is to keep doing this ad infintitum
I am not kidding when I observe that there are a couple of games and movies in which this is actually HELL. Seriously.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I read "geuss" as "gey-uss", like a thick southern accent.

And I laughed heartily at "espasperated". That's just brilliant.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I read all of Blayne's posts in a Foghorn Leghorn voice.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sensing that you are a fan of Bevis and Butthead.

Lowest common denominator comedy.

Well lowest at least, "common" isn't really correct in this sense since many of us find it about as funny as finger nails on a chalk board.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Showing your age there, Rabbit. I suspect Blayne may actually be too young for B&B.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
My four year old plays a similar game with me, except he answers, "7-UP."
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
What I find most interesting about this is that Blayne managed to spell "guess" correctly and incorrectly several times in the same post.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
quote:
Do they actually make more sense that way? :::tried it::

Nope. Damn!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
Showing your age there, Rabbit. I suspect Blayne may actually be too young for B&B.

I'm several years older than Blayne, and I'm too young.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All4Nothing
Member # 11601

- posted      Profile for All4Nothing   Email All4Nothing         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes head* Damn, I must be old.
Posts: 115 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
quote:
Do they actually make more sense that way? :::tried it::

Nope. Damn!

I never said they make more sense. It's just a lot more entertaining. [Smile]

Did you add in a bunch of "I say, I say...." in there?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:

I'm several years older than Blayne, and I'm too young.
Same here. B&B was just before my time. My brother watched it occasionally.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I was right on the borderline. My friends and I didn't seem to have any exposure to it, but I do recall the occasional student from one or two grades above me making the occasional reference to it.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Annoying people is funny? Yeah. Blayne, you're gonna go so *far* in life.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.