FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Final Papers/Projects, oh Joy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Final Papers/Projects, oh Joy
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out that my professor doesn't think that 25 pages is quite long enough, and wants me to add a 5 page explication of a certain philosopher's definition of obligation, then another page explaining how my analysis contributes to the field.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
My Islamic history "quiz" is today. I've also finished the research proposal, though I ought to look at my referencing again, and then print it off for my tutor to have a look at before I hand in. The rest... meh...
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Tuesday. I want to get to the end of page six today, so that tomorrow I only have two pages more to write and final editing to do.

Current progress: 5/8

If I finish early enough to get some Christmas shopping in before the kids get home, I'm gone!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Oh, and over the winter break he wants me to add a 7 page summary of how the topic developed throughout history. He doesn't feel that one can submit an decent article to a journal without that.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Ha! Almost at the end of page 7. I can call it a day. Tomorrow I have one short paragraph and the conclusion to go. Everything else, including the bibliography, is finished.

My last paper of my undergraduate career...almost there....

6.75/8

Current mood: Confident!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good, Belle. Hope you get it finished tomorrow.

I think my exam was okay. My tutor thought my research proposal was okay, too, though I need to make some small changes and sort out my referencing and bibliography.

Now I need to start writing my learning journals. Hoping to finish Freud today and do at least De Certeau and Derrida before my class on Thursday.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm DONE! Just turned in my last paper to complete my masters. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jhai. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

DONE! Turned in the final paper of my undergrad career and took my final final exams of my undergrad career.

All I have to do now is student teaching next semester. Now, the difficult anticipation and wait begins - where will I be placed for student teaching? I'm supposed to find out by mail before Christmas.

Mailbox watching begins...

T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Finals after winter break....

Current status: ohgawd ohgawdohgawdohgawd.....

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a terribly unproductive day today, but I blame being wiped out from the two finals yesterday.

Fortunately, I did well on both of them (as well as the one on Wednesday). Two more to go next week!

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Mailbox watching is over!

I got my 2nd choice in student teaching. The school is very close by, so saving gas money, and while it is not my top choice for a future job it is choice #2. Only one placement would have been better than this one, so I am very happy. [Smile] I wasn't really expecting to be placed in my home system anyway, because they don't like to put you in a system where you have kids who attend.

At any rate, I called a friend of mine who works in the same school as my supervising teacher and got a report - very positive. She's a good teacher, very innovative, likes to use technology - sounds like we will work together well. That's the type of teacher I want to be as well. It's 7th grade - one of grades I wanted. I like middle school, and while I enjoyed my practicum last semester in 10th grade I'm glad to be getting back to middle school.

Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
Turned in 7 page research paper on Spanish phonetics today, have one exam tomorrow in a class where I have a solid A already, and then I graduate on Saturday. Yippie!
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

Whoop! Go Belle and Reshpeckobiggle!

I am in the middle of Arabic exam day. Just done the written paper, got the listening in a couple of hours, and then the oral. Think the written went okay, though I've probably made some silly mistakes. Then we'll see....

Itsame
Member # 9712

My professor and I agreed to have another independent study next semester to add a 20 page historical analysis of the topic to my paper, before submitting it to some journals.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Jhai: Congratulations!

I'm turning in all but the Data Analysis paper right now, and that will be completed today. Only 24 hours until I'm officially on vacation!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Grades are posted...almost. All A's, except that the instructor for my lab did not report my grade. I don't know what her deal is, I have emails out to her and to my advisor. I turned in all the assignments, but she either hasn't finished grading everything or forgot to post them. She's an adjunct instructor, so you never know...maybe she doesn't understand how to get the grades in.

Still...I'm frustrated. If she doesn't post the grade to that lab I'm not going to get final approval for student teaching...grr...

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Paper One turned in.

Paper Two: 8/20, due Friday 5pm.

Books purchased for J-term: 7/9.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm done grading final exams and final projects. Well, I guess I'll give that one student until tomorrow afternoon to turn in his final project. His computer crashed, and I believe him, or maybe I'm just too soft? Ok, don't answer that. That's not a question for ya'll, just me. [Smile]

I'd like to post everyone's grades right now...then I could go to bed with everything done for the semester.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
All done! And of course I can't officially vacation yet because I'm stressed about making sure everything is packed and I am sure tomorrow morning I'll remain stressed as I enter "airport mode."

But I'm done!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Turns out that my professor doesn't think that 25 pages is quite long enough, and wants me to add a 5 page explication of a certain philosopher's definition of obligation, then another page explaining how my analysis contributes to the field.

Ick. [Razz]

I have finals in AP English and physics tomorrow, and in art history and American government on Thursday. I was excited about finishing my second-to-last term in high school, but hearing about everyones' undergrad assignments and PhD thesis statements makes me think I'm getting out of the frying pan and into the fire. Geez. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!

I handed in 3 benchmarks, and my remaining telecommunications assignments, theoretically I should pass, Calulus is probably a no go but I only need the other 2, Cal I can retake in the Spring.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

Right, today is my lit essay crisis day. I have read the books and written a brief outline, so just have to write up. But it might take a while...
Member # 11614

Kay I'm totally ready for finals!

Current mood: bored out of my mind.... physics is cool an all but it gets boring...

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
How'd everyone do on all their projects and papers?

I ended up with a 3.8 for the semester, which makes zero sense to me, but I'm not going to ask questions.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

mumblemublefivepmdeadlinegrumbleheideggergrumble
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

Good luck, dkw! I'm sure you'll get there!

I have just handed in my essays. My lit paper grew to 4,500 words and then shrank to 3,500 (though there's also a 500 word appendix in there). Now just one take-home exam to do for Tuesday and I'm all sorted. We won't know our grades till sometime halfway through next term, though.

Belle
Member # 2314

Still no grade posted. No response to my email. My advisor says don't worry, it's not my fault and won't be held against me, but I know how university red tape works - this lab is required before you can student teach, so if my grade is not posted when they pull grades to check them, and there is no grade for it, I won't be approved for student teaching.

I don't know what else to do at this point....wait? Be patient? Call someone else?

dkw
Member # 3264

Well, it's turned in. I'm not particularly happy with it, but it's done.

The boys and Bob have all been sick, and I've had no sleep the last two nights, but not because I was working on the paper. Somebody remind me why I decided to start a PhD program while nursing a newborn and a toddler. [Grumble]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Still trying to finish a paper . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Finally done!

Blargh. I'm tired.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Final exams finished. I still have assignments to turn in, and apparently missed a test in one class but I can take it online if I tell the instructor when I want to take it. Everything has to be done by Monday noon.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I survived, I was unsure last week.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I'm done with school for good! I had my MBA graduation last week, and I was ready for that diploma.

[Smile]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Lupus!
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

Done for the term at last! Grades won't be till next term, but at least it's all done. Now I can chill - everyone have a good holiday!
Belle
Member # 2314

I'm starting to get angry and upset. My advisor says chill, it's not my fault. They won't hold the non-posted grade against me. I'd love to believe her, but right now I'm just frustrated. This adjunct faculty member has not graded my project (you submit a six-part project for the only grade) and hasn't posted any grades. She does not respond to email and because she's adjunct she has no office on campus.

If I lose my student teaching posting because some adjunct instructor can't figure out how to post grades I'm going to be seriously ticked off. [Mad]

Belle
Member # 2314

Finally! Grades are posted, I made an A. Got an email from her - she didn't realize I was one of her students. When she went in to post grades, I was not listed on her roster because she only checked on of the course numbers. The course is cross-listed for grad students and undergrads and I was one of only 3 undergrads who took it. She forgot that she had to get the rosters for both course numbers so she didn't realize she had three extra students. [Roll Eyes]

At any rate, my grades are now in and final. On to student teaching!

Member # 11614

I just failed my tech drafting final.....

The teacher never taught us the stuff on the crt....

(luckily the crt is only half the final grade the other half is a drawing...)

amira tharani
Member # 182

Belle - yay! That's excellent!
We haven't got our grades yet for last term. Hopefully we'll get them soon, but our institution is known for not getting them to us very promptly.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Got an A- - not as good as it should have been, but probably what I deserved.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

3.85. I messed up on the second to last Latin test, and didn't score high enough on the final to make up for it, so I got an A- in that class.

Oh, and A on my big paper.

Member # 11614

100 on my gym final, this peer leader crap is boring........
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.