FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Pope and the Holocaust Denier (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Pope and the Holocaust Denier
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
He can believe that Obama should do that, but what he can't do is make that a sound move on Obama's part, or give Obama any reason to feel compelled to noodle in Vatican business with such a statement.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
He told me that it does not fall into the "seperation of church and state"

What has that to do with anything?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
He told me that it does not fall into the "seperation of church and state"

What has that to do with anything?
Not sure, I know that this week was my fifth time being told i am not allowed ot switch my history class though.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch.

Although having to deal with a person in authority who you have strong reason to believe is an idiot is a very useful life skill. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thou shalt not bear false witness

i.e. TO LIE IS TOO SIN, lieing is sinning. The Pope said that he is not a heretic, but he is still a lyer. Turns out the Pope chose the proper name, Benedict.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Patron saint of speliologists, spelunkers, and coppersmiths?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i.e. TO LIE IS TOO SIN, lieing is sinning. The Pope said that he is not a heretic, but he is still a lyer.
"Lying" and "liar." FYI.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sort of like "frying" and "friar".
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a lie if you believe it.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't make him a liar. It may (and I believe it does) make him a moron, and unfit to be a representative of the church though.

I think your teachers point was that there was no legal reason why Obama couldn't make such a statement, and he is correct.

That doesn't mean that making a comment like that would be a good idea, even if everything said in it was completely true.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.