FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Well my PS3 got stolen,luckily my roommate is at fault. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Well my PS3 got stolen,luckily my roommate is at fault.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to the multitude of threads about how horrible your parents are and how you wish you weren't living with them. Maybe I'll go read the old threads now for a preview.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
And he can't just find another roommate? Bail on the lease? (it's often pretty hard to do anything about that as a landlord)
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
I'm looking forward to the multitude of threads about how horrible your parents are and how you wish you weren't living with them. Maybe I'll go read the old threads now for a preview.

what? yould rather i stay somewhere where my multihundred dollar stuff is regularly stolen by the local thief?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
what? yould rather i stay somewhere where my multihundred dollar stuff is regularly stolen by the local thief?

I've only been casually skimming here. What else has been stolen?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

My PS3 has in total been stolen twice (returned the first time), my cellphone, my ipod shuffle, at least 2 games, 2 controllers, not sure what else.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
And yet you continue to lend your crap out, rather than locking it all in your room full time...
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
You should totally sue yourself.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Allow me to suggest you do something similar to yourself except four letters and involves procreating, probably involving your hand or a clone.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious why anyone would want to steal a PS3.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

- posted      Profile for The Genuine           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you could sue Satan!
Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
I'm just curious why anyone would want to steal a PS3.

To sell it to the owner's roommate on eBay.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, why are you letting such a small thing cause so much trouble? I guarantee that using leverage to try and force your roommate to pay for your stolen video game system now is going to end up costing you far far more (including ruining any relationship you have with him and who knows how much time and mental effort on your part) than just accepting that he's done his best to pay you back.

Here is what you should do: Accept the PS3 he bought you on ebay as payment. Thank your roommate for being willing to repay you as best he can. If the PS3 you receive is acceptable, use it - if not, sell it and use the return as partial payment for buying a brand new PS3. The difference may be a few hundred dollars, but that is nothing compared with the trouble you seem to be causing yourself by insisting on absolute justice.

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lobo
Member # 1761

- posted      Profile for lobo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So far the current plan is to break out of the lease (legally and with no consequences) and use it as leverage as if he cant afford 30$ a month (but could somehow afford a 30$ pizza when i came back for my clothes) he definately can't afford the other half of the rent.

Leverage.

You sound like Terl from Battlefield Earth...
Posts: 571 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:

If I had to choose between living somewhere where my stuff may get stolen and living with a parent who physically and psychologically abused me, I'd go with the former. It isn't a binary choice, though. I don't know the details of your situation all that well, but I'm sure that there are alternatives beyond these two.

Are you still in school?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't you simply live without a PS3 and take your laptop with you wherever you go? Seems better than a rotten home situation, a broken lease, and roommate issues.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I don't have a laptop per say, I have a 2000$ desktop, my laptop which I worked my ass off to pay for 2 summers ago has fallen apart to the point I'm afraid to touch it.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.