FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Past Names

Author Topic: Past Names
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone here ever go by a different name than the one you use now?

I originally signed up with a different name, but it's been so long since I've used it that I'm not sure I can even remember it.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
I've forgotten many of my old SN's.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Scholar became scholarette. People assumed I was male and so I switched to a more feminine version.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted under the name "Jake" for the first year or so I was here. That's the only other name under which I've made serious posts. I registered both God and YHVH for joke purposes, but those accounts got deleted. I think that I registered Loki too. I've registered all of the various misspellings of my username that people have made over the years, although I don't know anymore what they are.

Oh, and Sharpie of the Pen People. That one's mine too. I offered it up when we had username rationing, but nobody wanted it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
Scholar became scholarette. People assumed I was male and so I switched to a more feminine version.

Wait, you're a woman?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
jRc when I started.
I went by Punchdrunk for a while, too.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:

Wait, you're a woman?
Of course she is. Can't you tell the difference?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

Quiet, you.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

quote:
quote:

Wait, you're a woman?
Only genetically and anatomically. [Smile]
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by eslaine:
quote:
quote:

Wait, you're a woman?
Of course she is. Can't you tell the difference?
Elaine! I haven't seen you in ages! Don't listen to Achilles; he's proven himself to be a rather...unsavory character. You'd do well to give him a wide berth.
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait, you're a woman?
Only genetically and anatomically. [Smile]
So you're really more womanish, is what you're saying.
Achilles
Member # 7741

quote:
Elaine! I haven't seen you in ages! Don't listen to Achilles; he's proven himself to be a rather...unsavory character. You'd do well to give him a wide berth.

I'll have you know that I'm considered quite savory! My texture has been noted to be enjoyable as well!
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
I posted under the name "Jake" for the first year or so I was here. That's the only other name under which I've made serious posts. I registered both God and YHVH for joke purposes, but those accounts got deleted. I think that I registered Loki too. I've registered all of the various misspellings of my username that people have made over the years, although I don't know anymore what they are.

Oh, and Sharpie of the Pen People. That one's mine too. I offered it up when we had username rationing, but nobody wanted it.

Hm. I must have just thought about registering Loki. The person who just posted under that name in the current drug thread isn't me.
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
quote:

I'll have you know that I'm considered quite savory! My texture has been noted to be enjoyable as well!
People just tell you that to make you feel better. You're as bland as the day is long, I'm afraid.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Hm. I must have just thought about registering Loki. The person who just posted under that name in the current drug thread isn't me.
Or you're attempting to throw us off the scent of some dastardly plot involving your alter ego!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

:: twirls moustache ::
Trogdor the Burninator's Mom
Member # 5720

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator's Mom           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
quote:

People just tell you that to make you feel better. You're as bland as the day is long, I'm afraid.
I've noted Achilles's taste as savory myself. I would even describe Achilles as "delectable."
Posts: 16 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Elaine!
Hah!

eslaine, I'm glad to be around to see your once-annual post.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor the Burninator's Mom:
I've noted Achilles's taste as savory myself. I would even describe Achilles as "delectable."

I would comment on your surprising degree of flexibility, were this that sort of forum. Alas, it is not, and so I must remain silent.
eslaine
Member # 5433

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
quote:
Elaine!
Hah!

eslaine, I'm glad to be around to see your once-annual post.

I posted three times last year. Mind you, I had to look at my past posts to find that out.

Really, I thought you might be correct... [Dont Know]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough. Thrice-annual, then. Now stop posting so I can be right this time.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
830 years is a long time to be here.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I recall it as a dodge to avoid posting a landmark.

On BML I capitalized but it looked wrong.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

orlox, you aren't supposed to pay that much attention.
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
[Monkeys]
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I posted three times last year. Mind you, I had to look at my past posts to find that out.

Um . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Was Godric, but have since upgraded...

[The Wave]

Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Was Pepek. Now Judas. Still use Pep' sometimes because I like having the 3773 membership.

-Judpek

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

Um . . .
Okay, then. Three posts as eslaine last year. [Wink]
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Original name around here (and so many other places) was Feyd Baron.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

Um . . .
Okay, then. Three posts as eslaine last year. [Wink]
One might say coming back and posting with alts is your fatal flaw, neh? Maybe even your-- nah.

Watch your step.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

LOL
Benito Mussolini
Member # 11522

- posted      Profile for Benito Mussolini           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a number of one-off, throw away screen names. And a few I created to be able to post in some more serious (well, not really serious) threads. The sort of thing I usually avoid.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.