FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tendonitis

Author Topic: Tendonitis
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had it in my drawing hand for about 2 weeks now. It also seems to be happening in my left hand because its' been compensating. Saw a doctor a week ago, got a brace, use it off and on, as it seems to aggravate certain areas at times.

What I'm wondering is, what can I do, that doesn't involve my hands, that can keep me occupied? I can only clean this apartment so many times. I might as well have my hands tied behind my back, because I really beat the crap out of them, and now I'm paying the price with a 3+ week recovery time.

Feeling very useless atm.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
watch lots of movies. Read stuff(using book stand or something) exercise(run/not lift stuff)learn to whistle/perfect said whistling. Foot painting! ? play soccer.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Riverdance!
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
Riverdance!

Wins!

Boy my neighbors are gonna upset tonight. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Only the ones directly below you
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom and I both have tendinitis that likes to flare up, and yes, sometimes taking a break from using your hand(s) helps.

If you're interested, there's is an effectively soothing blend of essential oils that you can massage into the offending hand. My mom was in almost constant pain and she started applying this once a day, I believe, and it helps her a lot. I use my own bottle occasionally and have had similar positive effects. Oh, and it smells good. Of course, you'd have to find and purchase the oils, but if you're willing to do that and use them through time, it might be worth it.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

I'd be interested. [Smile]
Traceria
Member # 11820

Cool. [Smile] When I get home and can pull the book out, I'll be sure to pass it along!
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

Here you go:
For Tendinitis, ice massage the area first and then massage with the following blend of essential oils diluted in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil:
10 drops Rosemary
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Peppermint

You can most likely find these at a place like Whole Foods. Good luck!

Edited because area was mistyped.

[ February 23, 2009, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Traceria ]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found that for things like that, wrapping the hand (or whatever is sore) with an ace bandage each night before I sleep, and sleeping with it on, helps a whole lot.

It helps during the day too, but it's really inconvenient. That's why it's best while you sleep.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

Thanks. Anti-inflams have helped greatly as well. Less computer usage too.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.