FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone read the interview with Matt Smith (the 11th Doctor) in DWM? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone read the interview with Matt Smith (the 11th Doctor) in DWM?
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that comment, Bella! Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Probably grew into it.

Also, the thing with Renneit is that I merely assumed that she was in person so amazing a woman that he was just smitten with love. Inferred Ability so to speak.

It's been awhile since I watched that episode, but isn't there a scene where she sort of digs into his head? That could explain some of his "Oh Wow! She's amazing!" feelings.

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Master return, especially if that mysterious woman's hand turns out to have been the Rani after all. But then, supposedly Nine and "Yana" were the last Time Lords...supposedly.

Supposedly... [Big Grin] I'm with you, I hope we see some again. And it would be cool to run into Jenny (is that how they spelled her name?), too.
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Really Blayne? When I was a kid I wanted to find them scary, but I was never able to muster any actual fear of them.

I'm trying to think of a Doctor Who monster that actually, honest to god scared me. The episode "State of Decay" scared me as a kid, but vampires in general were terrifying for me.

Ooh, I've got one. The transformational state between human and Wirrin in "The Ark in Space" didn't exactly scare me, but it did freak me out.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh...the Scary Obama thread reminded me. I was freaked out by the scarecrows in the Family of Blood episodes.

Also the statues in Blink.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

Oh! I second the statues!!!
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

And I second the scarecrows! They were great.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I found most of the monsters - Scarecrows, Cybermen, Autons, Sontarans, and for heaven's sake Slytheen - all just sort of funny and ridiculous. The only thing that convinced me any of them were scary was the Doctor's reaction to them. Christopher Eccleston was pretty convincing that those rolling pepperpot Daleks were terrifying to him.

The man with the markings all over his face who was supposedly the devil in "Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit" was rather scary. The never-seen monster in "Midnight" was pretty freaky, the way that woman kept repeating what everyone was saying - that was a tense episode. And the clockwork men in "The Girl in the Fireplace" were a bit creepy. But really the only scary bit about that episode was when it was hiding under the bed. I still jump every time I see that.

As for actually scary monsters, the statues in "Blink" are the only ones that ever really scared me. That's the scariest thing I've seen in a long time - TV or film. I only kept watching it because it was Doctor Who and I trusted it; I still watched most of it through my fingers.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Weeping Angels! The only DW monsters that ever gave me bad dreams.

And y'all are bad. Now I have to go watch the Library episodes.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
The Daleks in Genesis of the Daleks were the only time I've seen them be really scary.

"These men are SCIENTISTS! They can HELP you! Let them live! Have PITY!"

"Pi-ty? I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary."

(!exterminate!)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:

As for baddies - I'd like them to make up some new ones.

Me too. However, am I the only one dying to know what happened when the mysterious woman took the Master's ring?

*reads other responses*

Apparently so. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, I'm definitely interested in seeing that plotline developed.

I'd also really love for The Doctor to remember that Romana II is tooling around E-Space, presumably untouched by the Time War, and go to find her. And I'd like to see The Doctor encounter Omega again.

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda interested in seeing Romana again, though Leela would be at the top of my wish list.

Am definitely interested in seeing the Master again, though I hope they'd have him be a bit more sinister and not quite as goofy.

There was a great newspaper rumor last year that one of the specials would have flashbacks to the Time War and the 8th Doctor. Apparently a false rumor, but I'd love to see a story like that.

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll see the Time War on Doctor Who round about the same time we see the B5 Telepath War. Half past never.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Heck, I'd like to see the Time Lords and Ladies make their grand return. So many characters who were supposedly "lost forever" in the War have turned up again. Why not give the Doctor something back?

(As well as the headache of those he doesn't get along with being around again. Like *repeating* the Rani...)

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
He can travel in time. He's always moaning about being the only Time Lord, and being all alone, but he can go back to visit Gallifrey when it was still there.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, he could if it weren't for...

:: points over JennaDean's shoulder ::

What in the world could that be?

:: runs ::

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it must have something to do with "burning in the Time War" and the entire Time War being "time locked."
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*what ketchupqueen said*

Plus wouldn't that just make everything worse? It's like the end of Our Town -- you *can't* go back!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 50 matt smiths on IMDB.. anyone with a link?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Could just wiki it!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Try the one that was in Ruby in the Smoke.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Katharina...

I guess it was too much to hope that he'd be as attractive as David Tennent... cuz he's not.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_who

He actually creeps me out a little...

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Well, no one is as attractive as David Tennant, so that was kind of inevitable. [Big Grin]

I like that he's a little weird looking. I think it will be interesting.

Traceria
Member # 11820

quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
The man with the markings all over his face who was supposedly the devil in "Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit" was rather scary.

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about him. Yes, I agree that he was rather scary, too, and the Ood just freaked me out in those episodes and also the one in season four (because of past experience). Now, they're not so freaky, knowing what they're supposed to be like.

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Oh, I'm definitely interested in seeing that plotline developed.

I'd also really love for The Doctor to remember that Romana II is tooling around E-Space, presumably untouched by the Time War, and go to find her. And I'd like to see The Doctor encounter Omega again.

Having just watched a bit with Romana, I'd like to see her again, too. I'm catching up on the classic series as I can get my hands on them, but it takes some time. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.