FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Zune Speaker System (mayfly)

Author Topic: Zune Speaker System (mayfly)
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 80GB Zune and am hoping to find a decent dock/speaker system for it in my kitchen, so I can listen to my music while I cook and do dishes (oh, the dishes...).

There seems to be only two options out there, the iM414 which has almost uniformly poor reviews, and the M604 which is the older one, harder to find, but has better reviews.

Does anyone here have either one? Any recommendations for alternative speakers?

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's plenty of alternatives out there; the question is, do you just need speakers, or do you need something that can recharge the Zune (or has other functions) while you play it?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the M604, I use it with a 30GB Zune. It will also work on other MP3 players, although it won't charge them. I've been satisfied with it. It has plenty of sound for what I use it for. I use it at home, but I also take it with me sometimes to play music for the kids at church. My only concern with it is that it's not all that portable; there's nowhere to wrap up the cord and no handle of any kind, so those things make it a bit awkward to carry. Those problems are really not that big of a deal. I'm happy with it otherwise.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I have access to computers at work and at home, so charging isn't really an issue. Is there some set of speakers that one could recommend?
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I have pretty low standards; when I'm not at a computer (and playing MP3s through it) I'm usually either using some sort of headphones, my car's stereo (via a casette adapter) or- more rarely- a small battery-powered amplified speaker, usually to allow my daughter to watch videos while we're on long car trips.

All that said, these are pretty well reviewed and cost less than one-tenth as much. Admittedly, you're not going to get the sound quality of an Altec-Lansing product.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.