FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bisexuality and homosexuality the same? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bisexuality and homosexuality the same?
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ...Arson:
There's clearly a difference between being specifically attracted to the opposite or same sex, and being attracted to everyone. I think people who claim to be bisexual are just more 'sexual' in general, and find comfort in sex rather than look for stability and relationships specifically.

There are plenty of us who are monogamously married.

Could you link us some studies?

btw, bisexuals are not attracted to *everyone*. We have the potential to be attracted to either sex. There's a huge difference.

How many out bisexuals do you know?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
...Arson
Member # 12052

- posted      Profile for ...Arson   Email ...Arson         Edit/Delete Post 
'Everyone' was pretty general, sorry.

I only know a few though, still, you'd be very hard pressed to find someone openly bisexual but very sexually reserved, lol.

I think Bisexuality is more of a warming ground to open homosexuality though, for most people anyways. Alot of girls tend to claim bisexuality for attention. I'm sure that has something to do with the double standard, but either way it's a very gray area.

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be hard pressed at all. I'm openly bisexual and pretty damn prudish.

Bisexuality is not a phase. True, some gay people try to pass themselves off as a bi before they accept who they are, but if someone has been out for a while and is still bisexual, they're probably really bi.

Hetgirls who pretend to be bi to titillate hetboys aren't bisexual. They're just maximizing their advantage to attract boys.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthonie
Member # 884

- posted      Profile for Anthonie   Email Anthonie         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is interested, here is the Wiki link about the Kinsey Scale, which is considered a ground breaker on looking at sexual orientation as a continuum.

Next, the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid expands on the Kinsey scale. A person enters his/her personally perceived Kinsey score (0 to 6 as explained earlier in the thread) for each of several categories of attraction.

Finally, here is an "orientation test" someone made in an attempt to merge the ideas of the above tests into a more casual feel. For anyone who likes those tests that reveal you as a "red" or "blue" person etc, this test can help you discover the true color of your sexuality! **NOT scholarly, but maybe fun.**

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Bisexuality is more of a warming ground to open homosexuality though, for most people anyways.

Most of this is probably just the result about confused young kids who are going through phases where they struggle with their sexuality.

They have to deal with a lot of issues that heterosexuals really do not!

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Bisexuality is more of a warming ground to open homosexuality though, for most people anyways.

According to George Carlin, mother's milk leads to heroin.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthonie:
Finally, here is an "orientation test" someone made in an attempt to merge the ideas of the above tests into a more casual feel. For anyone who likes those tests that reveal you as a "red" or "blue" person etc, this test can help you discover the true color of your sexuality! **NOT scholarly, but maybe fun.**

Awesome, I could moonlight as a ruler.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hetgirls who pretend to be bi to titillate hetboys aren't bisexual. They're just maximizing their advantage to attract boys.
See I've never understood the "hotness" of a girl making out with another girl even with the suggestion they would both join me in the sack. I mean I don't blame girls for liking girls because frankly I love girls, but I'm just not super cool with my wife saying, "I'd like to bring another girl into the bedroom, you can watch it's cool!"
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of Paul Reiser (this may be the first and only time I ever quote him): "It's girls, it's [sometimes] naked...what's not to like?"

BTW, I think a lot of guys who get turned on by girl/girl stuff would still not be super cool with their S.O. doing it. (A lot of them would, but plenty wouldn't.)

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
My husband claims that girl on girl is hot (for fantasy) because you get the whole hot girls and action without having to include a man in the scene. But if you have a real girl there and willing, well, then you are the guy and that is all good. So, fantasy lesbians good, real life lesbians bad.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NobleHunter
Member # 12043

- posted      Profile for NobleHunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Or, if one pretty girl is good, two pretty girls is better. I've heard women liking the idea of gay men together for the same reason.

And I realize that I've just made an assumption of attractiveness in homo-erotic media. That if gays and lesbians are going at it, they will automatically be prettier than a straight couple. Sadly, it isn't always the case.

Posts: 185 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolcats
Member # 12060

- posted      Profile for lolcats           Edit/Delete Post 
I think all people have the potential to be bisexual. It's why women like to look at other women's bodies, in different outfits, bikinis, etc. It's aesthetic mostly, but it wouldn't be such a stretch for most of us (those who don't have some moral/religious reserve against it) to be sexually attracted to hot women too. At least a little.
Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.