FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RIP Dom DeLuise

Author Topic: RIP Dom DeLuise
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Link [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
NOooo!! I will forever treasure my Secret of Nimh copy. [Frown]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Which voices did he provide in the Secret of NIMH?
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy the Crow.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

My thoughts are with his sons. They're all great, talented guys, and I know they loved their father very much. I hope they're doing alright.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
The link doesn't work, but... [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. [Blushing] Sorry. He was great as the doctor in Smokey and the Bandit 2.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
He also was the cat in Fievel Goes West. He has that distinctive goofy sound. [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Earendil18:
He also was the cat in Fievel Goes West. He has that distinctive goofy sound. [Smile]

Dom DeLuise voiced Tiger in the original film as well.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jeremy the Crow.
Ooohh! A sparkly! [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
[Frown]

My thoughts are with his sons. They're all great, talented guys, and I know they loved their father very much. I hope they're doing alright.

*nods*

I loved watching his work, he was a wonderful comic.

*goes off to watch "Ergo" in tribute*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen him in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but it was a classic role.

[EDIT] I did not know that he voiced Fagan in the animated Oliver, nor Itchy in All Dogs Go to Heaven. Man, I used to love All Dogs.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
[Frown]

*nods*

I loved watching his work, he was a wonderful comic.

*goes off to watch "Ergo" in tribute*

I will also be watching "Urgo" in tribute this evening!

I was JUST reading an interview with Peter DeLuise the other day where he talked about how "Urgo" was his favorite episode to direct over any other just because he got to work with his dad, and numerous people asked him how his dad was doing and he was pleased to report that he's still going strong.

Feel like a little sucker punch when you read something like that and then the man in question passes away.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Duh, yeah, Urgo... Tired... (I'm totally exhausted, I need to sleep now, I'm in San Diego at a very intensive class.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.