FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hollywood brings us further signs of the Apocalypse

Author Topic: Hollywood brings us further signs of the Apocalypse
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
... "Marmaduke" is going to be a movie.

Marmaduke.

I've seen plenty of Hollywood releases that made me think "What a cynical attempt to cash in", and/or "How utterly lacking in artistic thought or originality". But this is the rare, truly mind-boggling, "WHO thought this was a good idea?!"

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
oh come on. The "Beethoven" series was Marmaduke with more fur.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
We want a Ziggy movie!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
A befuddled little pudge of a man wandering around with no pants on. Total oscar worthiness.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for Ruxpin
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
A befuddled little pudge of a man wandering around with no pants on. Total oscar worthiness.

Shine?
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
If they decide to attempt a Calvin and Hobbes movie, I will personally bomb Hollywood.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

I'd like to see Tim Burton do a Calvin and Hobbes movie, actually.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Heathen. [Razz]
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
If they decide to attempt a Calvin and Hobbes movie, I will personally bomb Hollywood.

Not much chance of that. Watterson was always pretty tough on the idea of any merchandising. I'm sure he has endured two decades of offers at this point, and he hasn't given in yet.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

Well, then he'll die, and his heirs will sell out quick enough.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly, he'll have to live forever.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Or set things up so no one can sell the rights.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Owen Wilson.... why do you mock your too few quality productions and insist on making horrible things?
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fugu13:
Or set things up so no one can sell the rights.

Considering the pains he went to in order to secure his work from merchandising in the first place, I think that's almost a certainty. But then, who knows? Maybe he won't begrudge his heirs the money it would bring.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were him, I'd have a lot of fun by putting the work in the public domain when he died.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.